confirmation email variables

ijipk

Hi. 

I have some issues with my order confirmation email. order_conf

First. Prestashop automatically sends a confirmation email to the customer when they order, how to disable that? so they only receive the preparation email. 

Second. When they receive the confirmation email automatically all the variables are resolved. however when I send it manually it don't resolve the variables like: {payment} {total_shipping} ...

I'm totally lost :)

p.s. 1.6.1.5

Regards

Jesper

Edited by ijipk (see edit history)

First. Prestashop automatically sends a confirmation email to the customer when they order, how to disable that? so they only receive the preparation email. 

Other emails are configurable at back office - Orders - Statuses tab, but order confirmation email is not configurable to disable or enable. It is there by default.

You can remove it by modifying following files in method validateOrder()

/classes/PaymentModule.php

Or (recommended)

/override//classes/PaymentModule.php

Second. When they receive the confirmation email automatically all the variables are resolved. however when I send it manually it don't resolve the variables like: {payment} {total_shipping} ..

How do you send manually?

Thanks for your quick replay :) 

I will have a look and see if I can get i disabled. 

I have created a status called "confirmation" which sends a PDF invoice and uses the order_conf email template 

you should be able to easily find out code there the order confirmation email is sent and then you can just comment out that line in the file I mentioned. 

if (Validate::isEmail($this->context->customer->email)) {
                            Mail::Send(
                                (int)$order->id_lang,
                                'order_conf',
                                Mail::l('Order confirmation', (int)$order->id_lang),
                                $data,
                                $this->context->customer->email,
                                $this->context->customer->firstname.' '.$this->context->customer->lastname,
                                null,
                                null,
                                $file_attachement,
                                null, _PS_MAIL_DIR_, false, (int)$order->id_shop
                            );
                        }

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm using Prestashop 1.6.1.13 and cant get his to work. I want to display price for shiping excl. tax.

'{total_shipping_tax_excl}' => Tools::displayPrice($order->total_shipping_tax_excl, $this->context->currency, false),

Is not working, any idea what i should do?