Products not saving

I am in the process of setting up a new Prestashop store using the latest version. Installed from my hosts c-panel. have set most of the options I need and am now at the add products stage.

Now the problem ! I am clicking "add new product" and filling in the form with product details. I then click "save and stay" and the product does not save, all the fields are cleared apart from the reference field. If I then go to price etc I get the " you must save the product etc" message.

Can anyone help with this as it is driving me crazy !!

post-1287658-0-61984800-1468310495_thumb.jpg

post-1287658-0-19725600-1468310496_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

the same has been reported to me: unable to save any changes in firefox and chrome but did work in ie on windows. also using 1.6.1.7 with default bootstrap. saving works fine on my computer using chromium or ff on linux. 

any hint to a solution would be great.

I did solve it in the end. It seemed to be a browser problem for me using Chrome. Switched to Edge and it worked. Cleared all browser cache and history etc and now works fine in both browsers.

I would try a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

It's a bug in PrestaShop that's been there a while but is much more often triggered in newer browsers, especially bad in Chrome 54.

Here's the fix courtesy of Michael Dekker:

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Edited by roband (see edit history)
  • Like 3

It's a bug in PrestaShop that's been there a while but is much more often triggered in newer browsers, especially bad in Chrome 54.

Here's the fix courtesy of Michael Dekker:

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Thank you very much!You saved my life ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I had the same problem. My site was in maintenance mode with my IP address added so I could view the site while it was disabled. I discovered that I was able to save and edit products ok after removing my IP address from the maintenance page.

Hope this helps.