Multiple installations on the same server

bhushan98@gmail.com

Sir, 

In my site I want to show different items and banners to the users from different locations.  For this I have planned to ask user location on an html page and further drive the person to his chosen location prestashop site. 

I have made sum customization to the installation so I have to install new prestashop for each location and I have to customize it again and again and If I try to just copy one installation there is some server error as there link with db breaks .

Pl. guide how I can solve my problem

Thank you  

are you going to use one instance of PrestaShop database or want to share one instance store database for different location?

if you want to share one instance of database, you may consider to use prestashop multistore feature, and use different theme for each store.

are you going to use one instance of PrestaShop database or want to share one instance store database for different location?

if you want to share one instance of database, you may consider to use prestashop multistore feature, and use different theme for each store.

Sir, 

I want clear the idea  again . 

I am creating a site .  The first page is a simple html page which has a dropdown having cities name .  I have a prestashop installation in a subfolder.  On selection of a city the user is driven to the prestashop site of selected city becoz I want to show him the only items which are available to his nearby stores . So I need to have prestashop multiple installation in different folders.  Now the problem is that as I have made some customization in prestashop of running folder.  I have to make same customization for each prestshop installation.   It is a long process as we all know.

Pl. guide how to solve this issue.

Thanks  .   

Sorry, I am still not very clear what you want to archive.

If you want to install different instance of Prestashop for each city and then you will have to create install prestashop on different folder with different database.

If you want to share one instance of PrestaShop, then you can use Prestashop multiple store  option to have different store with different virtual directory.

You can also consider to use our agile multiple seller module + agile multiple shop module to implement your requirements.

You can create a seller for each your city and then each city will have a virtual shop with different virtual URL.

For example http://your-store.com/city1/, http://yourstore-domain.com/city2/, .... and you can have different theme for each virtual shop.

You do not need to have multiple PrestaShop installations. There is a feature in PrestaShop Preferences->General-> Enable Multistore But if you already have multiple installations, I guess there is no way we can make your life easier. 

Thanks, 

I tried to create multistore and for this I added a new shop. When I click the url of new shop I am getting following error pl. guide

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user 'daamuchi_pres686'@'localhost' to database 'daamuchi_pres686'

I wish to make clear that my prestashop installation is inside a sub directory. 

main prestashop site path is like thie  www.mysite.com/aii/

and the second store created using multi store url is   www.mysite.com/jp

Pl. guide. Thanks