Configuring Passwords for myphpAdmin (using password: NO)

Hello, I'm having a issue with this error message after I stated hosting my site. This is my error message "Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".

Im using Prestashop 1.7.0.0 on xampp where it works great! with no password

I know it has something to do my config.inc.php file, and i have to set a password in MySQL, but its now working with a password?

HELP!!!!  

If it was working previously without any password it means that your mysql server was not secured with a password at all.

Security must be always a first class citizen in anything we do, no matter if is in your computer or in an online server.

So you need to create a mysql user to your store, you should not use the root user in any circumstance.

Connect to your mysql server and create the user with a strong password, at least 16 digits, and assign it to your store database.

After this step update the user name and password in the Prestashop configuration file.

you have to create database on your hosting account

usually, while you create the database, you define there user name, user password and database name

you have to use these credentials in config/settings.inc.php

• Like 1