Redirect problems

slarsen

Hi,

I have a problem with redirect. How do I disable it?

It is because we work as a team from our local laptops against a common database on a server.

And in the ps_shop_url it says to redirect to 'xxxxx'. That is a problem when multiple work on that database. So when I access my local prestashop instance it gets redirected to the server host.

How do you guys normally work? and is it possible to disable the redirect?

/Steffen

ps_shop_url is used to define the URL of store, it contains domain information and virtual Uri information. It is used to generate URL rewrite rules in .htaccess file

you have to change this information when you run it in different environment. For example, at your local computer, you can use localhost for domain name. but on your hosting server, you use real store domain name.

You can also set this at back office - Preferences - SEO & URls tab 

Hi,

Yes I know how to control the domain inside the ps_shop_url. That was not my problem. My problem is that rewrite rules  / redirects make it impossible together without making hack like changing your local /etc/hosts file and make it point to the URL that was defined in the shop_url. 

So my question was more: how does people develop together as a team? do they use local db (which is hard to merge) or do they use a central database? I actually just want to disable this redirects.. And they should actually only be used when enabling multi shops (multiple domains).

• 1 month later...