Hide attribute in product page

fonteyne131

Hi,

I have two attributes, one of them i need to use for the layered navigation as a general clothessize. When the customer selects this attribute i want to show another attribute in the product page (the real size). (screenshot is attached)

So I have to hide the first attribute in the product page. Problem is that I can't add it to the shopping cart anymore. 

Does someone have a solution?

Best regards

Jurgen

post-1032594-0-40065900-1467967445_thumb.png

Assuming you're using the default PrestaShop v1.6 theme, look for the following line in product.tpl at about line 345:

<fieldset class="attribute_fieldset">

and try changing it to:

<fieldset class="attribute_fieldset"{if $id_attribute_group == 1} style="display: none"{/if}>

Change 1 to the ID of the attribute group you want to hide.

isn't it a kind of redundancy? for one product is not a problem, but if you will have thousands of products, then you will have a lot of redundant datas in the database and it can slow down shop.

why not to use only one attribute (size) and in the layered navigation block change the appearance (name) of the attribute ?

@rocky

This solution works but the problem is that only the default combination can be added to the cart, when i want another combination the "add to cart button" disappears

How can i solve that?

@vekia

i need to use a general size for all clothesbrands but when they click on the the size of the layered navigation, it's the real size of the brand that the customer has to see in the product page

Hope you understand,