Setting up a Sports Trading Card site

Hi, I am new to PrestaShop and am looking for information on the best way to set up my Sports Trading Card site. I know how I want to organize the data (Soort -> Year -> Series -> List of all avaliable cards) but I am not having luck on setting this up.

Each series of cards will have hundreds of cards so a product hierarchy is essential.

I also have set up attributes for each product but I am not able to add the values of these attributes when I add a new Sports Card. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, I am new to PrestaShop and am looking for information on the best way to set up my Sports Trading Card site. I know how I want to organize the data (Soort -> Year -> Series -> List of all avaliable cards) but I am not having luck on setting this up.

Each series of cards will have hundreds of cards so a product hierarchy is essential.

You have to create the categories based on your category hierarchy at back office - Catalogue - Categories .

And then create products - choose the category for the products to assign to at product editing - Associations tab

I also have set up attributes for each product but I am not able to add the values of these attributes when I add a new Sports Card. Any help here would be appreciated.

You need use attribute combination by editing product - Combination tab.

You can add combination one by one, or you can use the Combination Generator.

Many thanks,

I had set up the categories as you described but did  not know how to associate the product to it. Perfect now...

I now want to add a couple of hundred cards to the site and then add the inventory to each. Is there a way to bulk import?

I now want to add a couple of hundred cards to the site and then add the inventory to each. Is there a way to bulk import?

you can use CSV import, please try to find out the user guide of Prestaashop on how to use this

I am now having difficulty in adding attributes to a product. The Bulk Generator does not find any attributes to attach

As long as you have defined the attributes correctly, it should be fine with the Generator. 
- back office - Catalogue - Product Attributes