Disable Abandoned Cart reporting

Vee.K727

I know, I know what I'm saying. I know the purpose of abandoned carts as well but I've thought it through, there's no other way. Due to certain reasons I wish to completely disable recording or reporting of abandoned carts. Not surprised, I couldn't find anything even close discussed anywhere before so I was wondering, would it be possible.

Could I somehow alter the code in my theme or core that would not store shopping carts in the database; or something in the admin panel that would not retrieve those recordings. Or something else in the middle? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Abandon cart is just reporting that count the number of shopping carts that is not converted into order.

There is no way to removed all shopping carts because Prestashop use shopping cart for orders.

The abandoned cart will always be there even you do not report it - unless you use a tool or module to delete those old abandoned carts.

If you want to hide it from your dashboard, you can modify following file

/modules/dashactivity/views/templates/hook/dashboard_zone_one.tpl

• Like 1

My prestashop version is 1.4 so I think the file structure varies a bit. There's no dashactvity directory in my %root%/modules/ directory. I've also searched for unique elements and classes in all files in %root%/adminpanel/ directory but can't find it. Do you know which file is it in for v1.4?

My url for the Shopping Cart page in the backend says /adminpanel/index.php?tab=AdminCarts&token=tokennumber and I have an AdminCarts.php file but that table isn't there.

I managed to do it by altering the sql query a bit. I added this line of code to the query in %root%/adminpanel/tabs/AdminCarts.php, in case someone's looking for something similar. My prestashop version is a bit old, so newer versions might have the query in a different spot

$this->_where = 'AND a.id_customer!=0 ';

so the complete query is 

$this->_select = 'CONCAT(LEFT(c.`firstname`, 1), \'. \', c.`lastname`) `customer`, a.id_cart total, ca.name carrier, o.id_order ';

$this->_join = 'LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'customer c ON (c.id_customer = a.id_customer)

LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'currency cu ON (cu.id_currency = a.id_currency)

LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'carrier ca ON (ca.id_carrier = a.id_carrier)

LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'orders o ON (o.id_cart = a.id_cart) ';

$this->_where = 'AND a.id_customer!=0 ';