Weird issue on live server

Has anyone else experienced the following issue with ps 1.6.1.6:

1. cannot create a new carrier

2. all new zones seem to be given the id 0

This does not happen on my local test server, but when I copy all the files and database to the live server, the problem occurs - before I have made any changes to anything else.

I have opened a report o the forge, but so far have no response: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-8150

Can anyone suggest why this might happen on the live server but not the test one?  I may try and roll back to 1.6.1.5 to see if that helps if no one can help

OK. so tested with another installation of 1.6.1.5 on the same server and I have the same issue.  I also noticed that this is not restricted to just the zones. It also happens if I try to create a new CMS page - id is 0.... and new products!  eeek! help!  Is there a php.ini setting I need to change?  I have installed numerous prestashop installations on this same server before, including 1.6 versions, without any problem.

I really don't get what the issue could be.

I have already done that and I got nothing :(

I only get an error after I delete the added product/ carrier when it says there is a duplicate entry but it deletes it anyway.

I get no error when I create the product

It is just so odd as I have run prestashop with no issues on this same server many times before.

Perhaps I need to roll back all the way to the last known working version, 1.6.1.1 but I would rather be able to use the latest version

some errors (mod_securiity) for example will never display on your screen.

go to your hosting control panel and find/review your php error log.  There you may find additional information.

also, if you have not already done so, rather than upload an already installed prestashop, do an installation on remote host so that ps can check for server compatibility.

I am going to try and install Prestashop via a software installer in cpanel on the live server to see if that makes a difference.

So far the only info I get is:

If I create a new zone, the id is 0.  If i delete via the button to the right, I get this error and the zone is not deleted:

2 errors

1. The object cannot be loaded (the identifier is missing or invalid)
  2. An error occurred while deleting the object. zone (cannot load object)

If I check the box to the left and chose bulk action: delete, it is deleted but I get this error via the debugging:

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO `ps_log` (`severity`, `error_code`, `message`, `object_id`, `id_employee`, `object_type`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) VALUES ('1', '0', 'Zone deletion', '0', '1', '', '2016-06-21 13:15:03', '2016-06-21 13:15:03')

Does this shed any light on this totally weird issue?

OK, so the installation via the software installer on the server seems to have had good results - new zones, products, etc are given the correct id, not 0

Now this is great, but not very helpful since I usually work on my local server first and then upload it to the live server when finished with any modifications.  I need to figure out why doing that has suddenly screwed things up in PS!

Ahh, so it's the localhost db not the live one? Interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the export process or something since all works fine on the localhost. I did makes changes to the sql with regards to shop url, etc in toad mysql before importing. Maybe the issue is there.

I will investigate. I have upgraded my wamp since the last successful prestashop install come to think of it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I was totally stumped! :)