Custom templates and language packs

kennethmundt

Hi guys,

Prestashop newb here.

I am curious as to whether or not it is to be expected that templates you buy online support the various language packs available in Prestashop? What I mean is that, if I use the default template, everything (or most things) can be translated into my local language at the click of a few buttons. I love it.

However, I have just purchased a high rated custom template on Themeforest which is full of custom modules, of which non of them is supported by the standard language packs, which means I have to translate some 1100 sentences into my local language. I find that a little tiresome, especially when the system already contains a language pack for my language, not to mention if we want to sell to other european countries. It seems like a suboptimal use of time.

Can anyone tell me if this is the norm (that you have to translate everything multiple times into various languages if you use anything but the default template)?

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

All the best.

/Kenneth 

Can anyone tell me if this is the norm (that you have to translate everything multiple times into various languages if you use anything but the default template)?

I think this depends on vendor. just like other modules.

Most commercial theme/modules do not provide all languages. If you purchased from Prestaashop addon marketplace, it should have been indicated to support what languages I think. For other vendors, it is better to ask before purchase.

Most commercial theme/modules do not provide all languages. If you purchased from Prestaashop addon marketplace, it should have been indicated to support what languages I think. For other vendors, it is better to ask before purchase.

Thanks a lot. I will take a closer look at the Prestashop marketplace

Is this the indication you are talking about from the Prestashop marketplac?:

"Want to change the translations on this theme, or add any? No problem! Just use the translation tool integrated into the back office of your PrestaShop Store."

If so, cool. I does however, seem a little ambiguous to me, so I just want to be sure that it means something a long the lines of - click a few buttons to change the language as opposed to - just type in your own language in the translation menu in the backoffice. :) I want the former, of course.

Edited by kennethmundt (see edit history)

No, that's not what I referring to.

When to get into the detailed of the product in marketplace, you should see following information.

•  
  • Compatibilityv1.6.1 - v1.6.1.6
  • Version1.0 (06/09/2016)
  • PrestaShop CloudYes
  • Already translated intoar.pngbr.pngde.pngen.pnges.pngfr.pngit.pngpl.pngru.png
  •  
  • Like 1

No, that's not what I referring to.

When to get into the detailed of the product in marketplace, you should see following information.

•  
  • Compatibilityv1.6.1 - v1.6.1.6
  • Version1.0 (06/09/2016)
  • PrestaShop CloudYes
  • Already translated intoar.pngbr.pngde.pngen.pnges.pngfr.pngit.pngpl.pngru.png
  •  

Okay, got it.

Is it safe to assume that "Already translated into X" is referring to custom modules? I mean, the default template is translated into "every language"* just by downloading a language pack, or am I misunderstanding something?

*I know some of the languages are not fully translated.