Patch to fix security vunerabilty

Stephanie-SB

Hi,

I've received the email saying to install a patch to fix the security issue with the PayPal module. The email has a link to the module in Add Ons, so I presume I have to re-install the module again, rather than there being a upgrade issued?

Also do I need to uninstall the PayPal module currently in use in my back office before installing the latest version, or will the new one override it?

I have the issue of the logo disappearing at checkout on mobile devices, does anyone know if the new PayPal module will fix this error?

Thanks in advance :-)

Antoine, could you please explain how I can upgrade it via back office?

When I go to Modules/Payment there is no option to upgrade. Aside from Configure, the list I have contains Disable, Disable on Mobiles/Tablets/Computers, Reset, Uninstall or Delete. Unless I am looking in the wrong place...

I tried that already and there's no updates available.

The email said it is a software patch but then has a link to the PayPal Europe Module in Add Ons, so it seems like it needs to be re-installed.

You're right, I forgot that it's a patch. I think you have to do it manually in this case. I'm going to ask the Dev Team for more information. I'll edit my post once I have the answer.

Edit: I've talked with the devs. I confirm that the patch is a new update (3.10.10). We've tested the updates with the "Check updates" and we could see the new version & install it. Could you please check if the current version of the Paypal module you have is 3.10.10?

Hi,

With this new version, appear two news fields, "secret" and "Cliente ID". Where get this values on my paypal account?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english...

You need create an App in the Developer, there is a link there to the guide to achieve it: http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/3484-197941-8030-170

And this is only required in case you want to use the login with PayPal.

So... if I leave empty fields, it works ok?

what does it login PayPal in prestashop? it is necessary?

It is like the sign in with Facebook or Twitter. Of course is not needed to work properly the payment system.

Hi Antoine, thanks for checking with the developer. My PayPal module is v3.10.1 - I have just checked again for updates and it says there is none.

Upgrades take time for appear availables from the back office, you need download the module from here: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/1748-paypal.html

And upload it directly through the "Back office > Modules" to apply the new changes.

So, does this "patch" work for the UK Sellers?

If you see my link, you will see the title "PayPal Europe - Official Module", which means it is valid for you. In fact, this version is valid for all the world.

Hi everyone,

I've un-installed the old module, then uploaded the new one and all seems to be working well, including fixing my issue of the PayPal button image which had disappeared after the last update.

I'm also happy to see the module now says that it is valid for most of the world rather than just Europe, much easier for us in Oceania and Asia to figure out that we can use it too!

Thanks all for your replies :-)

• Like 1

If you see my link, you will see the title "PayPal Europe - Official Module", which means it is valid for you. In fact, this version is valid for all the world.

I am aware it says PayPal Europe - Official Module"

But if you check the product description it clearly states it is not the the UK!

This module is available for the following countries: France, Italy, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Turkey, Israel, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Russia.

But also Asia, Oceania and Latin America, except Mexico.

For USA & Canada, please use PayPal USA & Canada module

For United Kingdom & Ireland, please use Paypal Direct Payments module

For Mexico please use Paypal Mexico module

I am aware it says PayPal Europe - Official Module"

But if you check the product description it clearly states it is not the the UK!

This module is available for the following countries: France, Italy, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Turkey, Israel, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Russia.

But also Asia, Oceania and Latin America, except Mexico.

For USA & Canada, please use PayPal USA & Canada module

For United Kingdom & Ireland, please use Paypal Direct Payments module

For Mexico please use Paypal Mexico module

It is also valid for UK, believe me.