Disabling more_info_sheets/extra data etc ?

Hi everyone,

is there a way to disable the more info sheets/tabs (the section where it displays the technical details, and the comments etc) I only want the brief description that comes with the product as they are simple product.

Thanks in advance..

M

I don't understand. Those are already hidden if you don't enter anything in the product description. If you enter a short description only for the product and don't enter any features, quantity discounts or attachments, there should not be any tabs at the bottom of the product page. Do you want to always hide those tabs even if a product has a description?

Hi Rocky:)

Thanks. the freind I'm building a shop for wants something pretty minimal, and I was hoping once I have the shop design and features more or less finalised, to strip out everything I know I'm definately not going to use and the corresponding code etc to try and reduce uneccasry requests etc., to hopefully (maybe) speed the site up a bit.

I'm not sure whether to elimate the features section completely yet though, or following your suggestion just don't add anything so that it doesn't show up.. hmm..

M

Rocky,

My site never displayed the data sheet tab even though I had entered both a short description and a product description.

Now that I'm updating and editing my site I am working on the first product and this data sheet tab has appeared. I've done nothing different to before.

Can you please help with a few questions:
If I don't want this tab how do I remove it completely?
If I do want to keep it, can it be renamed? What needs to be changed to do this? (say change it to specification for example)
If I did keep it is there a way of editing the 'More info' button in the short description section to open up this 'data sheet' tab?

Thanks
Gary