Fedex Carrier module not working with Fedex Freight carrier.

I have been trying for several days to get the Fedex Freight carrier in the Fedex Carrier module to work.  I have Fedex Ground carrier installed and working properly for packages up to 150lbs.  But when I try to add a large product that is over 151lbs, the shipping appears as "Free Shipping".  

I need the shop to calculate shipping using the Fedex Freight prices through the Fedex API.  Flat rate will not be good.

I enabled Fedex Freight as a carrier, set up the weight ranges, and left pricing as zero (same as the Fedex Ground).  

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?  I have searched and searched for information, but there really is very little about Fedex Freight and Prestashop.

I have read on one lone post somewhere that perhaps a separate Fedex Freight LTL account is necessary to get the Freight carrier to work.  I called Fedex and asked them if it is true, that Fedex Ground and Fedex Freight require two different types of accounts.  They said yes.  

This means that the way your Fedex Carrier module is set up will be a problem.  It only allows you to enter credentials for one Fedex account.  It seems you would need to install two different Fedex modules.  One for regular ground and one for freight. 

Can anyone confirm any of this?

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to someone else at Fedex and they said that Fedex LTL freight rate request has to be sent with more information than regular ground requests.  The default Fedex Carrier module has options to select freight, alongside regular ground options, but it does not work.  I confirmed that my client has both regular ground services and freight services all in one account.  It appears that the issue is with the Fedex Carrier module.

Someone please confirm this issue.  Or if someone has successfully managed to set up both regular ground and freight LTL, please help me out here.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted a bug ticket for this and have had no responses to that either.

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/DOC-390#

I have submitted a request for a quote to Presta Heroes to either fix that module for me or build a new one.  That was 5 days ago and no response.

I asked Presto Changeo if any of their modules can provide freight rates and they said no.

I cannot reach anyone through any means of communication from Prestashop.  Why have they packaged their default fedex carrier module with multiple freight options, but provide absolutely NO support on it?  I am beyond frustrated!

Edit: Having read the most recent posts in your other thread this answer now longer makes sense. You do need LTL. I'm going to leave it here though for anyone else searching later who might have the single box issue. I've answered your question in your other topic

Ok in your previous thread I tried to help on the assumption that you needed actual LTL shipping because you were shipping skids of stuff. 

Reading this topic it appears that the issue is that you want to get around the 150lb single box limit then just buy this module http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/module-packages-save-big-on-favorite-modules/120-usps-fedex-ups-module-pack.html

The module does not do freight but you can ship unlimited weight with it because it breaks your products into multiple boxes. The problem with the free FedEx module is that it tries to ship everything in a single box and FedEx has both size and weight limits on individual boxes. Unless something is going to be at least a 1/4 of a skid I just use FedEx Ground. The module from PrestoChango automatically takes my items and using the shipping box sizes I entered calculates the type of boxes needed and breaks down the shipment into multiple boxes. FedEx Ground will not ship a 200lb box but they will ship two 100lb boxes.

Unless  you are actually shipping skids worth of stuff then you shouldn't be using LTL. If you do need LTL then using FedEx is ridiculous. I have a 5000lb shipment that I need to send by LTL. My carrier is charging me under $1100 but the same thing on FedEx would be over $4000. FedEx is our preferred shipper and 70% of our orders ship via FedEx Ground or Express but we'd never consider them for LTL even with our discount.

Edited by Naldinho (see edit history)

Edit: Having read the most recent posts in your other thread this answer now longer makes sense. You do need LTL. I'm going to leave it here though for anyone else searching later who might have the single box issue. I've answered your question in your other topic

Ok in your previous thread I tried to help on the assumption that you needed actual LTL shipping because you were shipping skids of stuff. 

Reading this topic it appears that the issue is that you want to get around the 150lb single box limit then just buy this module http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/module-packages-save-big-on-favorite-modules/120-usps-fedex-ups-module-pack.html

The module does not do freight but you can ship unlimited weight with it because it breaks your products into multiple boxes. The problem with the free FedEx module is that it tries to ship everything in a single box and FedEx has both size and weight limits on individual boxes. Unless something is going to be at least a 1/4 of a skid I just use FedEx Ground. The module from PrestoChango automatically takes my items and using the shipping box sizes I entered calculates the type of boxes needed and breaks down the shipment into multiple boxes. FedEx Ground will not ship a 200lb box but they will ship two 100lb boxes.

Unless  you are actually shipping skids worth of stuff then you shouldn't be using LTL. If you do need LTL then using FedEx is ridiculous. I have a 5000lb shipment that I need to send by LTL. My carrier is charging me under $1100 but the same thing on FedEx would be over $4000. FedEx is our preferred shipper and 70% of our orders ship via FedEx Ground or Express but we'd never consider them for LTL even with our discount.

I DO need LTL freight.  We are shipping large furniture such as beds, couches, tables, etc.  So we need accurate LTL freight rates.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also having a similar issue and cannot find any answers to the shipping problem. Shipping configurations in Prestashop have been a pain since day one. To release an incomplete module as part of the Prestashop system is not cool. There should at least be some instructions to get the freight part working. So anyone out there that could help us resolve this issue it would be much appreciated. That means you too Prestashop since you bundled the module in with your software. Thanks

With the exception of freight the free FedEx module works straight out of the box and is simple to setup The module is limited to single box shipping but it is a free module -- if you want multi-box shipping there are paid modules.

There now seems to be instructions for how to get freight to work thanks to AFemaleProdigy so you can follow her instructions.
Freight is very uncommon for e-commerce so that it is not highly supported is not uncommon. Further, if you use FedEx for freight your shipping is going to at least double other LTL shipping options so I can't imagine there would be much demand for a module that does FedEx freight.