sitemaps and blog analytics in sub directory

Hi,

i have installed wordpress as a subdirectory /blog on my server, My prestashop is in the root. Will my gsitemap module add my blog automatically or should i use another sitemap (plug in) for inside my /blog? Are their any advantages or disadvantages to this?

Also, the same issue applies to google analytics. Will Analytics for my shop pick up my blog as well or should i set up a new analytics for my /blog? Are there any special procedures for this and will it help/hinder my SEO in google? (i.e seeing duplicate content or link farming, etc..)

Thanks.

Thanks White lighter. Which is better? To have a separate tracking code or use the same code for my blog? Also, Can you comment on me having a sitemap for my blog in my /blog sub directory. Should i submit this sitemap to google or will it hinder my SEO to have two sitemaps from the same domain name.

David

It is up to you, but usually the same tracking code is used for the same site/domain.
Having multiple sitemaps won't affect your ranking. The sitemaps are most useful for tracking the indexing progress and such, they don't help much with the rating. Having a page in the sitemap does not even guarantee faster indexing, having links to the page is much more important.