Changing product block size

Val974

Hello Everybody,

I wonder how to change the dimensions of the image product to a horizontal and rectangular shape.

I've been browsing through the internet, and every topics I found was giving different codes lines, and didn't match what I got in my global css files.

Also, I think my images size is not appropriate for a product block (I posted them in 1200*1200px, because the quality was bad, but I've got the feeling I'm doing it wrong).

If anyone can help me this would be great.

Cheers people!

Valentin

It depends on what you mean by product block. First, change the image size in the back office preferences, images. Regenerate, then have a look at the front office. They will still be contained in squares, depending on your template. In the default, this should be enough

Hello Nemo1,

thanks for your reply.

So in the original template, the images are meant to be in vertical display, and I would like to turn them into an horizontal display. But I guess it will need to move the text block too.

But at least, I would like to reduce the height of the image frame, and maybe keep the same width.

So you want the name, price etc to be next to the image, instead of below?
This will require some long css modifications actually, perhaps even tpl (can't recall off the top of my head), so it's difficult to explain in a forum thread

Hi Nemo1, 

No actually I don't need all this. What I would need, is the image to be horizontally rectangular, and not vertically rectangular.

It doesn't require to change the text or the price position, it just requires to change the image dimensions, but also the image container dimension.

It don't know if I explain this right.

I see. Then if you use the standard template, you don't need to change anything but the image dimensions really. Of course if you want less elements to appear on a page, you will have to change the classes in product-list.tpl (col-md-6, etc)