Prestashop not sending emails to the customers

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem which I can't really understand.

When a customer places an order he doesn't receive a confirmation email. Until this point everything seems a problem with the configuration of the email but here comes the weirdest point: if I place a test-order using an email from the same domain where the website is located, the confirmation email is received.

I also have tried to send an email from the webmail where the website is located to another email from gmail and everything works fine.

Still not weird enough? Well, if I send a test email to any gmail, yahoo or any kind of email from the prestashop backoffice, it works! I receive the email!

How is that even possible?!

Hope someone can explain me this...

Thank you!

Ok,

So I contacted my hosting and they said that prestashop is trying to send the confirmation email to sales@<mycompany>.com, which is the email that is configured to send the email from. So it looks pretty much like this:

To: sales@<mycompany>.com

<rest of the email>

So it is clearly a bug, how can I fix it?

what version of Prestashop are we discussing?  And what is your expected result?

Prestashop uses the Store Contact email address (back office > Preferences > Store Contacts > Shop Email) to send emails FROM, so I have to assume that is what you have configured.

As for the recipient TO address, well that should be the customer's email address.