So I removed the ads on module page to make it load faster, but...

Hello, 

I followed the guide of nemops.com to remove ads of module page, it used to load from 30 seconds+ to timeout to now within 5 seconds. all things is good but it seems it also removed the update notification of the module, i was wondering how can i solve this???

thanks

well, you basically removed the communication back to PS servers, so you cannot be notified of new updates.  You would have to undo the changes, check for updates, and then re-apply the changes.

You could also get more creative, and add a configuration option in the back office that would switch the check on and off.  So instead of following nemops.com guide which completely removes the code, you could optionally call the call based on a switch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, you basically removed the communication back to PS servers, so you cannot be notified of new updates.  You would have to undo the changes, check for updates, and then re-apply the changes.

You could also get more creative, and add a configuration option in the back office that would switch the check on and off.  So instead of following nemops.com guide which completely removes the code, you could optionally call the call based on a switch.

Hello,

When i enable error reporting, it says 

classes/controller/AdminController.php

[8] Undefined variable: country_module_list_xml

in back office, any idea?