Spinning button on product edit page with 508 error

On a shop with 1.6.1.5 I have a problem with a spinning button on a product edit page.

Searching the forum I found some discussion of the issue. However, in this case I see in Firebug the somewhat mysterious "NetworkError: 508 unused" error. See also the attached image.

post-302430-0-28528700-1464205723_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Hi Patron,

Yes, I did and I saw one provider claiming that it was due to limited resources - a condition that may be limited to his servers - and someone else claiming that it was due to a malconfigured server.

I have not yet checked all the details of this site yet, but I have some doubts that the error would always happen on exactly the same place. As far as I understood from this provider with limited resources the 508 happened there always when you had used up your quotum. Here the rest of the site keeps running.

Officially 508 is "not used". So I assume people take some liberties to use it for their own purposes.

It looks like it was a resource thing after all. I found the following message somewhere on their CPanel: 

Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours. You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 122 times
IO resources were limited for your site.

Really annoying was that this appeared on a metrics page with the title "CPU and concurrent connection usage". Not a trace in the error pages....

• Like 1