500 Internal Server Error between Cart and PayPal

IrishGuy

I am receiving 500 errors since yesterday. It happens before reaching the PayPal page, I've called PayPal and they say that it is not reaching them at all. I have called my hosting company and they say it is some coding issue as their server is working. I haven't changed any code and it was working 2 days ago.

Here is the customer error:

----

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

----

I received error report below be email, I deleted the params sent as it contains user information but they look standard. Anyone have any ideas? 

----

Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:  

PayPal response:
-> 
Making new connection to 'api-3t.paypal.com/nvp'
Connect with CURL method successful
Sending this params:

// I have deleted the params sent

Send with CURL method failed ! Error: Resolving timed out after 30000 milliseconds

Connect failed with fsockopen method 

----

I am using PayPay module v3.10.2

Please help, this is my only payment method so my site is essentially redundant at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

This seemed to 'resolve itself' after about 36 hours after this post but it has happened again now. I am on a shared hosting platform but the hosting company say that it is nothing to do with them as do PayPal. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Or even how I could try and debug it? 

I'm pretty new to prestashop. 

Thanks

Also just found these errors on the configuration page:

Required parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Some PrestaShop files are missing from your server.
    (/localization/fr.xml)

Optional parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Allow the PHP fopen() function on your server.

Reading this post: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/124749-solved-problem-with-fopen/ it looks like it is not best practice to turn this on.

Also, I have been receiving orders without a problem at other times so I'm not sure why this has now happened twice that people can't get to the paypal page.