Sales Tax not showing up in cart checkout for in state orders

I Need Help Really bad! any assistance with this will be incredibly appreciated. Here's my problem.

I need to charge people who order from my website, "that have invoices with addresses that are located in the state of California," a sales tax of 8.25%. Everyone else that orders from my website, "that has invoices with addresses that are outside the state of California," charged NO tax. Sounds simple right? Well it isn't apparently for me. Here is what I have got, and what I have done.

I use prestashop 1.6.1.5 on a shared server with SSL, and with everything verifide PCI complient by bank of america. I only have 1 tax setup and that is for california at 8.25%. I have only 1 tax rule setup for that tax setup with the following settings applied to that tax rule. they are as follows...

The Tax Setup

Name = US-CA Rate (8.250%)

Enable is set to Yes

The Tax Rule 

Country = United States

State = California

Zip/postal code range = 0

Behavior = This tax only

Tax = Sales-taxes US-CA 8.25%

​Description = blank

Then I made sure that the settings at the bottom of the tax setup was configured as follows...

Enable tax = Yes

Display tax in the shopping cart = Yes

Based on = Invoice address

Use Ecotax = No

Then I went to Customers/Groups and set all 3 groups under the edit buttons to the following settings...

VISITOR

Price display method = tax included (I have also tried setting this to excluded but it failed to show taxes either way in the checkout)

Show prices = Yes

Price display method = tax included (I have also tried setting this to excluded but it failed to show taxes either way in the checkout)

​Show prices = Yes

CUSTOMER

​Show prices = Yes

After all this my site will not display any taxes in the cart or product pages which I'm wanting it to do. I'm not as concerned about the product pages but I want to see the tax on its own line in the cart checkout. The base price of any item I add to cart just shows the base price of the item, then under that it shows Total products (tax incl.) with the same price as the product's base price. Then it adds the proper shipping, and totals everything up below that with no taxes applied in price or on any separate lines.

It never applies taxes throughout the entire checkout. I even make sure when testing that I'm logged into the site as a customer with a California invoice and ship to address but still no taxes show as they should. When I log in as a customer that has an invoice, and ship to address, that is outside the state of California it works properly, and doesn't add any taxes as it should. 

I always refresh the shop page with F5 after every change, or edit, as well as in the back office under Advanced Parameters/Performance then click the clear cache button, still nothing changes. 

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can give as to why this is happening. Another thing I just upgraded from 1.6.1.4, before the upgrade everything was working fine. I google but could verify if this was a bug related to the upgraded version. Seems to not be the issue, but I can't confirm one way of the other. 

Also, I guess I should mention that all other states under Localization/Taxes except for California are all disabled. Also all tax rules under Localization/Tax Rules are also disabled except for California.

Also non of my 4400 + products have any tax rules associated with any of them in the products price tab.

• 1 year later...

Were you able to resolve this ?

We are facing similar issue, kindly guide

thanks  

I Need Help Really bad! any assistance with this will be incredibly appreciated. Here's my problem.

I need to charge people who order from my website, "that have invoices with addresses that are located in the state of California," a sales tax of 8.25%. Everyone else that orders from my website, "that has invoices with addresses that are outside the state of California," charged NO tax. Sounds simple right? Well it isn't apparently for me. Here is what I have got, and what I have done.

I use prestashop 1.6.1.5 on a shared server with SSL, and with everything verifide PCI complient by bank of america. I only have 1 tax setup and that is for california at 8.25%. I have only 1 tax rule setup for that tax setup with the following settings applied to that tax rule. they are as follows...

The Tax Setup
Name = US-CA Rate (8.250%)
Enable is set to Yes

The Tax Rule 
Country = United States
State = California
Zip/postal code range = 0
Behavior = This tax only
Tax = Sales-taxes US-CA 8.25%
​Description = blank

Then I made sure that the settings at the bottom of the tax setup was configured as follows...

Enable tax = Yes
Display tax in the shopping cart = Yes
Based on = Invoice address
Use Ecotax = No

Then I went to Customers/Groups and set all 3 groups under the edit buttons to the following settings...

VISITOR
Show prices = Yes

​Show prices = Yes

CUSTOMER
​Show prices = Yes

After all this my site will not display any taxes in the cart or product pages which I'm wanting it to do. I'm not as concerned about the product pages but I want to see the tax on its own line in the cart checkout. The base price of any item I add to cart just shows the base price of the item, then under that it shows Total products (tax incl.) with the same price as the product's base price. Then it adds the proper shipping, and totals everything up below that with no taxes applied in price or on any separate lines.

It never applies taxes throughout the entire checkout. I even make sure when testing that I'm logged into the site as a customer with a California invoice and ship to address but still no taxes show as they should. When I log in as a customer that has an invoice, and ship to address, that is outside the state of California it works properly, and doesn't add any taxes as it should. 

I always refresh the shop page with F5 after every change, or edit, as well as in the back office under Advanced Parameters/Performance then click the clear cache button, still nothing changes. 

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can give as to why this is happening. Another thing I just upgraded from 1.6.1.4, before the upgrade everything was working fine. I google but could verify if this was a bug related to the upgraded version. Seems to not be the issue, but I can't confirm one way of the other. 

Also, I guess I should mention that all other states under Localization/Taxes except for California are all disabled. Also all tax rules under Localization/Tax Rules are also disabled except for California.

Also non of my 4400 + products have any tax rules associated with any of them in the products price tab.

• 1 year later...

If it's ordered before Sub-Total, then it's trying to calculate taxes without a sub-total (i.e. on a 0.00 cart total). You need to always have Sub-Total be first, and Total be last. Audacity 

Also, if you have Taxes before Shipping, then it's not going to add in any tax on the shipping, Find My iPhone since the shipping will be calculated *after* the taxes. Origin You need to have the order of the Order Totals as they would be calculated.

Edited by davidtech13 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Under Catalog>Products  look Under > Tax Rules

When I mark a product  US-TX Rate 6.25% then on the Check Out it shows Total with Taxes.

This is not correct behavior of PrestaShop at all in USA  as Taxes should not be there in Product price.  It is the Delivery Address which determines if tax should be included for that state or not.

If we operate in 3 states that means we will pay taxes in 3 states. On the Product page, if we select one tax than tax will be calculated for that specific state only at checkout.

Whereas we want to charge taxes for these 3 states based upon delivery address.

I am looking for  code changes to correct tax inclusion based upon deliver address not as part of the Product Price.