Mutli-Store Pricing Glitch

byronpk

Good Morning All!

I'm having a problem with a PrestaShop 1.6.1.4 environment I've set up for a customer. They have a multi-store setup with stock sharing enabled. The one store is their public store whilst the other is their wholesale store, thus the wholesale store has different prices to the main store.

The problem is, when the client tries to the change the shared stock quantities between the stores, the price for the wholesale store is changed to the price for the main store even though the stock is being handled in the "store group" context. They do not have advanced stock management enabled as they prefer manually editing the stock quantities as they change.

Is there anything we can do to fix this problem or is it simply a lost cause?

As far as I know, this is only possible if you make the quantity mutations in the database itself. Since both stores link to the same product and upon updating the quantity it re inserts the complete product, instead of only the quantity.

But correct me if i'm wrong wouldent it be easier to set a discount on every wholesale customer account and set the percent of discount. Because you are going to start a google war against yourself if you have both the products on 2 site's but with different prices. 

As far as I know, this is only possible if you make the quantity mutations in the database itself. Since both stores link to the same product and upon updating the quantity it re inserts the complete product, instead of only the quantity.

But correct me if i'm wrong wouldent it be easier to set a discount on every wholesale customer account and set the percent of discount. Because you are going to start a google war against yourself if you have both the products on 2 site's but with different prices. 

Thanks for the reply! It's a pretty difficult customer haha.

I'm pretty sure it uses the ps_stock_available table for that, and ps_product_shop for products. So it really shouldn't do this, since the ps_product and ps_product_shop tables share data, but don't hold stock quantities. ps_stock_available links to those...weird, eh?

That being said, the "discount" isn't consistent between products, some get discount, some don't, some get LOTS of discounts, others a little, so it's a REAL pain.

Edited by byronpk (see edit history)

• 4 months later...