About server migration and save the orders and new customers during the migration

FranciscoVillen

Hi mates,

My doubt isn't about how to make a prestashop migration from server to server. I know to do it.

The problem I want to show is when you have copied your prestashop files and database in other hosting.

And then you change the DNS of your domain to point to the new server.

During the 24/48 hours the DNS change take effect, new customers and orders can be registered in the old data base. So, when the DNS change is done you have to copy again the database in the new server. And it could be a waste of time.

My question is:

Is it possible to connect the old server prestashop to the database in the new server?.

So, the changes in the database during the migration are done in the database of the new hosting.

Thanks.

Best regards.

before migration on your domain settings change ttl entries to small values, so domain propagation will be much faster.

regarding to question about database. it is possible of course. your db on your new host must be remotely available.

then in settings file of your old shop change database "host" to new one (ip number will be much better than domain address)

• Like 1