Tax calculation of sent products which cross a border (warehouses in different countries)

Hello,

we do not sell digital products. So we do not have to pay the taxes from the different countries in the EU we send the goods.

But we have another special setup:

There are 3 warehouses in our shop - one in Germany and two in Austria. When goods pass a border physically then for B2B orders there are no taxes at all when selling B2B.

So, for example:

1.)

Byer: Company in Austria

Seller: Company in Austria (Shop Owner)

Warehouse: Austria

--> Is a B2B order, but 20% tax have to be calculated (because no border crossed)

2.)

Byer: Company in Austria

Warehouse: Germany

--> Is a B2B order, but 0% tax have to be calculated (intra-Community supp)

3.)

Byer: Company in Germany

Warehouse: Austria

--> Is a B2B order, 0% tax have to be calculated (intra-Community supp)

4.)

Byer: Company in Germany

Warehouse: Germany

--> Is a B2B order, but 19% tax have to be calculated (because no border crossed)

Now the problem:

Taxes are not calculated in dependance of the warehouse and if borders are crossed or not. Taxes are just calculated in dependance of Byer Address <-> Seller Address. But that is not correct.

Thank you,

best regards,

Andreas Huber

I'm not sure if you can manage this complex set-up in PrestaShop.

Imagine, someone is ordering two products and one will come from Austria and the second from Germany. You would need two orders and two different tax calculations. Tax calculation goes throught the European VAT number module where the home country is set, but you would need to use country of a warehouse.

Hello tuk66,

thanks for your input.

You are right - that would be the next problem. But it seems that the law says that it should be like described above. Or am i wrong?

The accountant came to me with that problem description we have in our shop - so i assumed he is right.

Any tax pro here? :-)

Thanks,

best regards

Andreas Huber

• 2 weeks later...

But then one customer has to place two orders in these 2 shops. Or i am understanding it wrong?

Or can a prestashop multistore setup (with one shop in Austria with for example .at Domain, one in Germany with .de Domain) handle it automatically to split up the order? Would solve the problem, but i don´t think thats possible.

Best regards,

Andreas