Category images not showing prestashop bug

GlobalWebCo

Hello Everone,

I am not able to get the category images to show on several fresh installations of prestashop 1.6.1.5. I have tried almost everything. I have also tried to contact prestadshop support without any luck or resolution. Everything else works except for the category images. I have tried turning off and clearing all caches in admin and my browsers. I have followed almost every tutorial on how to fix this but nothing works. I think there may be a bug in prestashop! There should be images on the clients site for the categories displayed here http://extractorking.com/12-closed-loop-extractors I have added them as 125x125px. Nothing i do will get them to show.

Really hoping i can get some help here. I have never tried posting in this forum.

Thank you, Wayne

Hello Everone,

I am not able to get the category images to show on several fresh installations of prestashop 1.6.1.5. I have tried almost everything. I have also tried to contact prestadshop support without any luck or resolution. Everything else works except for the category images. I have tried turning off and clearing all caches in admin and my browsers. I have followed almost every tutorial on how to fix this but nothing works. I think there may be a bug in prestashop! There should be images on the clients site for the categories displayed here http://extractorking.com/12-closed-loop-extractors I have added them as 125x125px. Nothing i do will get them to show.

Really hoping i can get some help here. I have never tried posting in this forum.

Thank you, Wayne

Just yesterday i have solved same problem. SO i can solve this but i need your FTP and dashboard. I am a TOP RATED Prestahsop developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a9770563b2838542 and can help you. Of course for free. :)

Hello,

How do i get in touch with you? I am a developer also. My email is [email protected] Can you describe the steps you took to resolve this? i would prefer to do it myself. If i can't get it to work by following your instructions i can let you have a look. Hope you can describe the steps you took to resolve this.

Thank you, Wayne

Hi

Make sure you do not have any spaces in the image file name i.e. do not do this (image name.jpg)  also make sure the image file is either a .jpg, .gif or .png file. lastly remove any special characters from the image file name. Then try to re upload.

Hope this helps. 

NickC

Hi

Make sure you do not have any spaces in the image file name i.e. do not do this (image name.jpg)  also make sure the image file is either a .jpg, .gif or .png file. lastly remove any special characters from the image file name. Then try to re upload.

Hope this helps. 

NickC

You don't need to worry about file name when it is about prestahsop because prestahsop generates images with digits only and then it fetch image using htaccess rules.

Hello,

It does this with the default bootstrap theme also. I have done 4 installs for different sites and it happens on all of them. I have tried everyones suggestions without success. I have disable and re enabled friendly url's also made sure there are no special characters or spaces in the image names, reuploaded and optimized the images, cleared all caches. This should be something that just works in prestashop. Looks like some kind of bug to me... Odd that all other images work except for the category thumb images... You can see for yourself here that it says no image available. http://extractorking.com/12-closed-loop-extractors I have been trying to fix this for 2 weeks now. Surprised that prestashop support can't help me resolve this or admit there is even an issue. I am seeing many other people with similar issues and no way to resolve it. Can someone from prestashop support possible chime in and offer some assistance? This should be something that is working right out of the box without any special configuration.

Thank you, Wayne

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. I discovered that if I upload (via the category edit interface) a category cover image at the same time I upload the 125x125 category thumbnail image, PrestaShop will display both of them. If I delete the category cover image, PrestaShop deletes the thumbnail image, too. If I upload just the category thumbnail, it shows the thumb in the back office like it's there, but will not display it in the front office. Very weird.

I haven't figured out what the menu thumbnail is for yet. But uploading one doesn't seem to make a difference anywhere.

This definitely seems to be a bug.

I don't want to make a category cover image for each category. I just want to use category thumbnails for my subcategories, but can't seem to get it to work.

• 4 months later...