Uploaded product images colour distortion / saturation problem

jake7

I've a strange problem with images I've uploaded via the BO for my product listings. The images change in colour. Basically it seems that the saturation has increased leaving images looking garish and not that nice looking.

Anyway a picture speaks a 1000 words as they say, example of my problem as below.

If anyone knows a solution to keep the images as the original then please let me know.

post-1216122-0-93620900-1461922329_thumb.jpg

OK solved it. I noticed some of my ealier uploads where OK, so there must have been something within the newer image files causing the problem. I solved it by creating an action to save the images as web safe in photoshop and batched processed all my latest images into a new folder. The images when uploaded look as they should now.

Yes hopefully this might help someone in the future. I usually work with Joomla and have never seen this problem before. Problem was definitely something to do with the actual image files as opposed to PrestaShop I thinks.

• 1 year later...

Same here when i save the file in PS like Save or SaveAs RBG - 8bit and i upload it to prestashop the pic loose saturation. But when i save file in PS using option called "Save for Web and...." after upload the pictures looking ok i dont see they loose saturation. Maybe its a apache2 problem some module is wrong configurated and changing the pictures.

To fast fix in photoshop. Remember that photoshop will ask You to convert to RBG from sRBG when You open old pictures just click convert.

colorpolicies.png

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)