Can someone point me in the right direction on a fundraising store?

Hi All,

First of all, let me say that I'm definitely NOT a PHP expert. I'm more of a designer than a developer, and probably bit off more than I could chew with this project...

Ok, here's my problem - I'm making a store for a fundraising company. Basically, my client sends products to fundraisers and everything (that's the easy part), then supporters of the fundraisers are supposed to be able to go to my client's store and order more product, with a percentage of the proceeds going to the fundraiser of their choice.

Well, here's my problem - how would I identify who they are wanting to support when they are buying the products? I initially thought that I could just make a "category" for each fundraiser, then copy-and-paste the products into each category, giving them different SKUs. The main problem with that is that I (or my client) would have to manually do that for each fundraiser, and since we are expected to get at least 20 different fundraisers at launch, this system would be extremely painful and bloated...

So, my client wants a sort of list of the different fundraisers. They are willing to do it one of two ways-
1. A list on the home page of the store. When you click a link on the list, the store will then "know" that you are supporting that fundraiser, and that will somehow be listed on the invoice that we receive so that we know where to send the funds.
-or-
2. Somewhere in the checkout phase there is a list to select your fundraiser - whether it be a drop-down, actual list, or even a regional map (though I think that would be pretty difficult to do).

The only problem is, I have no idea how to do either of those things.

Now, just in case those two above are extremely difficult to do (at least for me to do them), the other (and less-preferred) idea was that there is simply a box somewhere in the checkout where you can actually type in the fundraiser's name (or maybe a code, though a name is easier for the supporters to remember I think), and this will then show up on the invoice so we know who to give the funds to. I was thinking that this could be based off of the coupon code system, but, again, I'm not quite sure how to do it...

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Thanks for the response, whitelight. But, I can't seem to find the affiliates module - it doesn't show up in the PrestaStore, and the only thing with a similar name that I can find is the Affiliates for All module, which doesn't seem like the right thing? Thanks again!

Thanks for the response, whitelight. But, I can't seem to find the affiliates module - it doesn't show up in the PrestaStore, and the only thing with a similar name that I can find is the Affiliates for All module, which doesn't seem like the right thing? Thanks again!

I am new here. But I think there is a affiliates module comes with Prestashop. Check you module list in the back office.

There is a "customer referral program v1.4" that allows your customers to be rewarded for referring friends. There is also an affiliate program for websites by going to Stats > Referrers where you can create a new account and define what counts as a referral and what the rewards are.

First of all, thanks guys! I don't know how I missed the whole referrer part - I guess I should have done a little more research before posting...

BUT, I have everything setup for the referrers, but they don't seem to get any credit for the sales? I have it set so that the referrer gets a "10.00" percent fee, and then I have HTTP referrer blank (both boxes). Then, for Request Uri, I have the include as "_bwhite" and the exclude blank (and I'm using "simple" mode).

I then follow the link "mysite.com/prestashop?bwhite", then I "buy" something. I then went into admin, noticed that it didn't show any sales, but I figured that I had to process the order first. So I first marked the order as "Payment received", then I marked it as "Delivered". And...still no sales showing up for the referrer.

Any ideas?

First of all, I know this topic is kind of old now, but I had to temporarily pause the fundraising project - but, now I'm back at it.

I tried setting the HTTP referrer, though I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be setting it as? I didn't know if you meant that I just had to fill it in with something, so I tried filling it in with "%google%", and that didn't work.

But, I don't really want it to be setup where it only works when being directed from a specific website - i.e. I want it to work like the Help section says "request_uri" is supposed to.

One quick thing, and I don't know if this will affect it, but I am currently running PrestaShop off of a local server (WAMP) - would that make the refferer links not work? I don't think that it would (especially since the little help box's example describes the store being on a local server).

Maybe I would have more luck using Advanced mode instead of Simple mode? Though, I'm not really sure how to do this (the Help doesn't really explain it that I can see).

Thanks!