Can't Login as admin page(BO) Please help me

Hi,

i am a user of Prestashop 1.6.1.4

Since yesterday, there have been times when I've been able to log in to the back office and get some changes made, but mostly I find that when I enter the email address and password, it just returns the same login screen again.

I know that I am entering the correct userid & password, because if I change either of them, I get an error message.

I have tried on Safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome and have tried clearing out browser caches, all to no avail.

I also tried on my another computer - same problem, although it doesn't clear the logon fields.

Delete the cache, cookies OK

Deleted the /install folder OK

I need Re-installing it? or there is the solution for this problem? please help me...

http://www.ownbijoux.com/psadmin

this is my admin login page

Edited by O W N (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  Here's what I did earlier today on a default install that I'm playing with.  I logged in to the admin and turned the demo mode off, all default sales info went to zero, I turned it back on and sales info was there, then turned off and sales info didn't go away.  So toggled that button a few times.

I decided to log off the admin account.  I also have a separate account for the front end as a customer, I couldn't log out on that account.  I tried to log back in to the admin on the administrator password and couldn't log in.  The passwords were correct but you couldn't get redirected to anywhere.

I tried every possible way to change passwords but didn't matter.  If the wrong password was entered a red warning would come up, if the right password was entered the login page would go no where.

I did two restores from versions that were from when the logins worked.  Nothing helped.  Tried various "fixes" on the web and couldn't get things to work again.  It's sad to hear that you doing a fresh install didn't fix the problem.

I'm actually doing a video series on Prestashop vs. Magento and unfortunately didn't get very far since the past 7 hours I've been racking my brain on this issue.

Not sure what to do.

Hello

I solved this problem after 24 hours but i don’t know what have solved the problem because I tried all of solutions that i found on the forum

Here's what I did, I hope it can help you

-reinstalled completely prestashop

-reset my account hosting(delete all file ftp)

-cleared browser cache (this has not solved the problem in my case)

-cleared Varnish Cache and turn all off

-change Username/email/Password for admin page

I tried most of those things without any luck.  I can't delete all ftp because I have different programs installed on the same server.  We really need some of the Prestashop core developers to look at these occurences and tell us what the problem is and fix it with an update.  I have a video showing what went wrong.

I've noticed this behavior 'sometimes' when PrestaShop debug mode is enabled.   Also I've had issue 'sometimes' even on same server as other  1609's, that had to clear cookie to keep from seeing login screen refresh at login.  Happy day, el

but always clear cookie, it's  the new 'have you turned it off and back on again'.

• 1 month later...

I tried to clear the smarty cache from ftp, try to access to backend from other computers...nothing.

I write the email address and the password, click on submit, the form disappears but the page is not redirected to the backend, it just remains the prestashop logo.

same with marctiello, I get exactly that problem even reinstalling my prestashop through softaculous to another directory, i contact the server admin, that seems to be a script error,

I tried to my localhost thats work perfectly (it would not cache problem) :(

We just run through this issue, and we discovered that the domain in our cookie wasn't the same as the site domain. We fix it and magically we can access the BO again.

Check if the cookie domain and the site one match.