1.6.1.5 Back Office returns 500 Internal Server Error (and VERY slow when it occasionally doesn't)

joetorro

Hi,

I'm on linux cloud hosting with vidahost and after a few days of a fresh install of 1.6.1.5 the back office has died.

On the login page, I get, most of the time, either:

• 500 Internal server error;
  • a blank page that hangs forever, or, if I'm 'lucky'
  • a login page that just hangs for a long time on submission and yields the login page again, only without the form fields.

On occasion (that is, very rarely), it has worked and I am presented with an unworkably slow system that takes minutes to load the pages and eventually results in eternal hanging or my old friend, the 500 Internal server error.

Prestashop has only been installed for a matter of days and I have installed a few plugins (all from the Prestashop Marketplace: Google Merchant, Braintree and others) and the Leo Fashion Theme.

Front end works fine, (although I'd like it to be a little faster).

I have tried:

• the "define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);" trick;
  • modified the htaccess

without any success.  Obviously, I can't do anything in the back office.

Any help would be appreciated because I'm on a quick turnaround and I've already spent over $600 on addons.

Many thanks,

Joe

Edited by joetorro (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

I'm having same issue Admin Login (back office) isn't appearing blank page after define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true) , i found message fatal error PrestaShopAutoload not found PrestaShopAutoload.php(114)

additionally i don't have .htaccess file in Prestashop directory.

Please guide me if anyone can understand problem.

thanks