Authorize.net Module not working properly/ Akamai update?

Good Morning!

We are currently experiencing an issue where our Authorize.net module (Official AIM) does not appear to be working and throws errors at customers stating that our Authorize.net account is inactive (it is not), or is not properly logged in.

Customer support with Authorize.net said we needed to contact the developer, which we have done, but to my knowledge there has been no response, and in the meantime, we are unable to take orders.

We have reset our Key and verified that it is correct - but even in test mode the cart throws the same error.

From what I can tell, it seems that the module is using the wrong authorize links, but I am unable to figure out where to update these to the correct and new Akamai links that Authorize.net has been switching over to. (I am not terribly savvy when it comes to php or whatever its written in.)

I have attempted to hunt down any information I can, but all other posts asking questions about the akamai change have gone unanswered and are archived.

Any ideas or assistance anyone is able to give would be fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked through the module files, and I can't see anything referencing any API urls. To me, it seems that it only affects you if you use a firewall. I don't know much about API/payment processing though, so I'm really hoping this Akamai change doesn't affect the Prestashop module.

According to Authorize.net, nothing changes until June 30, 2016, so things should still be running smoothly in the meantime. We are using the module and we have still been able to receive orders/payments.

Edit: I'm still using a previous version of the module, so maybe that's why I haven't been negatively affected by this update. Now I'm worried about upgrade to the most current version of the module...

Edited by gennybeans (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dh42, first of all, thank you very much for providing/programming the free authorize.net module. I have a question for you because I'm a worry-wart. I read that the new Akamai endpoint url is https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll and in your validation.php it says:

$url = 'https://'.(Configuration::get('AUTHORIZE_AIM_SANDBOX') ? 'test' : 'secure').'.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll';

Isn't that still the old url, https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll? Or is it OK to still use that url? I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

Hey, you are totally not. Actually I caught that earlier today and made a pull request against the live branch too on the PrestaShop git. If you download the module now and install it, it uses the new end point now. Sorry about that, I got too wrapped up in all of the front office changes and let it slip by.

Hi Dh42, thanks for the update & quick reply! I was able to download your new version. I installed it on a test version of the shop I work on and I ran into a couple of problems. I am on PrestaShop 1.5.6 and using Live mode on your module. 

After I put in my credit card info and hit submit, it gives me this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in /home/mysite/public_html/test/modules/authorizeaim/validation.php on line 134

I tried both fake info and my real credit card info, same error. 

I also cannot change the pulldown selection for 'Order status: "Hold for Review"'--it stays on "Shipped" even after I hit save. This also happens on the standard authorizeaim module 1.5.7. Do you know why this would happen?

Hi Dh42,

thank you for your new module. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be working with Prestashop 1.6.4

I created a test website on which I tested the old module Authorize.net version 1.5.7 and I had not problems in "test mode (in prodcution server)" 

After upgrading to new version 1.5.8 ( Authorize.net Updated v2), the page https://mywebsite/authorizenet/modules/authorizeaim/validation.php throws out the error

The mywebsite.com page isn’t working

website.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I did reset and then reinstall Authorize.net version 1.5.8 but same issue.

Could you please let me know if version 1.5.8 has been successfully tested on Prestashop 1.6.4 ?

thanks

- Luc

Edited by yanksmannequins (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...