Voucher Limit at checkout

PS 1.61.1

Hi

We want to give a voucher to customers for a maximum spend amount. If they are under the maximum spend when they get to checkout I don't want the payment method to show (in this case Sagepay) as the value is zero. However if they go over the limit I do want the payment method to be available. I would imagine this will be the case with whatever payment module is used.

The problem I get is that when I get to checkout and the value is zero a payment method error is shown and I can't complete the order.

Does anyone have experience of this and possible solutions?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for your reply Nemo.

I have created a fixed priced voucher so I'm okay with this. This is for a competition winner. They will receive a voucher for say £100 to use on the site.

If the winner adds products upto £100, there is no charge, so when they get to checkout the price will be zero and the payment method will not be required, but they should be allowed to complete the order. When I'm testing, if the amount is less than or equal to £100, we get an error with the Sagepay module as the amount is zero and I can't continue, therefore can't complete the order. Maybe I should speak to the module developer about what should happen in this case.

The reason for my question was to find out if anyone else had come across this issue as it can't be a unique issue. I'm sure some vendors must give away vouchers like these where no actual spend is required.

Cheers