Prestashop migration don't work

Hello,

I recently tried to migrate this prestashop installation to a new server

http://www.team-bikestores.com/bikestores/es/

The new page should show up here

http://bikestor.es

but as you can see, I recieve this error

Fatal error: Class 'Tools' not found in /var/www/vhost/bikestor.es/home/html/config/defines_uri.inc.php on line 83

I uploaded all the files from the old installation to the new server, created a new database and imported the old one and changed the 

settings.inc.php to the new database.

I don't have a clue how to get this page wrking, any hints?

The max upload of the server is set to 265MB

Thanks in advance

Hi,

did you modified in the database the table ps_shop_url , with your new shop domain, and path. after this, in backoffice, save the Seo&url page(this will regenerate the correct htaccess file for the site), after that clear cache of prestashop.

The strange thing is that your new shop is redirected to the install folder . If you just copyed all files from the old live site, then you should not have the install folder in it. (install folder should be deleted after installing the prestashop. Are you sure you didn't copyed a clean prestashop files to the new location?)

If still not succeed, then enable DEBUG mode.

Regarding the error, are you sure you have copyed all class folder content from the live site?, and there is class/Tools.php file in it? You should check the backoffice->configuration Information page for missing folders or files , just to be sure you have copyed everything.

Regards, Leo

Hello,

first of all: THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAST REPLYS!!

@Leo - I changed the ps_shop_url to the new one, but I can't access the backend, whe I rename the install folder, I recieve this error:

Error: "install" directory is missing

The tools.php is inside the classes folder.

Regarding the install folder, on the new server first I uploaded a new prestashop instalation, BUT after, I copied the life site copy, too.

The life site is in a sub directory "bikestores" and the new one in root "html".

Do you think it will be better to delete everything and upload again the life site backup?

Regards

surfer

Edited by spsurfer (see edit history)