Very strange error: some php files get additional characters when uploaded to server

FranciscoVillen

Hi mates,

I tell you an strange problem I have never seen, maybe someone can know what is going on.

When I upload the prestashop files to a server using FTP. In some php files there appears strange characters: for example letters in the middle of the code which causes syntactic errors in the php code.

I have tried to install several versions of prestashop 1.6, make the installation in local (where it works fine) and then pass it to server.

Allways there appears php errors caused by characters generated in the code which aren't before uploading the files via FTP.

Do someone have any ideas about what could it be happening?

Hi shokinro,

No, I save with sublime text without changing encoding.

I have done some tests uploading the files to different servers (hosting services), it only occurs with a concrete server.

The problem doesn't occur when I save the file, it occurs when I upload a file to the server using FTP.

I have contacted to the hosting technical support about this problem ( I'm waiting their answer ) although I have not an explanation why a server can cause this.

Maybe the server has a different encoding?

Maybe the server has a different encoding?

It is possible.
Via FTP, I only see some difference of line break (change line) on different servers. But never see any other special visible characters added.
hope you get a good answer from your hosting support. 
  • Like 1