Error at E-Mail Template translation

servetsarap

Hello friends, 

Whenever i try to translate e-mail templates, i get 20-25 errors like the example at the bottom. Do you have any ideas why i get it? And i notice that none of them are current file way. it always gives directories like /public_html/xx/modules/mid.png/mails/  do you have any ideas why it searches /mail directory after the image file?

note: I have changed my open_basedir as "no value" at cpanel but i still continue to get these errors. I just get these errors when i try to edit e-mail templates and try to upload translation files.

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/xx/public_html/modules/md5.php/mails/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xx:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in/home/xx/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 2025

I will be thankful for your helps

Regards,

Edited by servetsarap (see edit history)

This seems related to your server configuration or user account file/folder access permission related issue , please consult your hosting company support to see if they can help.

first, i have changed my php settings.Translation worked perfectly only at php 5.2 version but in that version i can't open modules section. it gives error. so i had to change it back to php 5.6.

then, i asked them for help and we tried to solve it for days with my hosting company. But we couldn't succeed it. They said it's just because of my configuration. Then, i have disabled my modules one by one but it doesn't solve. Then, i upgraded my website from 1.6.1.4 to 1.6.1.5 but the problem still exist. Everything works great except mail translations and language import. 

Finally, i have installed PHP module and i checked open_basedir section. It shows master value as "no value" but  there is a local value is set as same directory which error's path. I have searched it on net and people say that i can edit that local value from the httpd.conf file but my hosting company said that it's impossible to change that file with a shared host.

I always use my website at same shared hosting but there was no error like this before :(

thanks for your feedback and explanation. but from my experience, I still think this is related to server configuration. I am also using PHP 5.6 at our localhost environment, but we do not have similar issues.

also have you checked permission of following folder and sub-folders and files? and what is the ownership group of the files and folder?

/home/xx/public_html/modules/md5.php/

Edited by shokinro (see edit history)

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late reply. i had some internet issues.

In my modules page folderpermission is 755, sub-categories' permissions are also 755 and files' permission are 644 (i have checked md5.php is also 644). But i'm sorry i couldn't get what you mean with "what is the ownership group of the files and folder?" How can I check it? I'm using cPanel.