[Solved] Problem with webfont - fontawesome in Chrome/Firefox

NixxxoN

Hi there.

I've been building a prestashop site with default bootstrap theme.

Everything is fine except for one strange problem that happens when browsing with Chrome and Firefox - But not with IE.

The webfont fontawesome that is there to display the small icons on both front-office and back-office of the prestashop site, is very very slow to load. It takes several seconds until the icons get visible and that makes it very annoying and a frustrating experience to browse the shop. Before loading, the places are filled with squares and strange symbols. Unacceptable speed and the customers will go away!

Please help me with this.

I add an attached screenshots of the problem.

since this is an untouched prestashop install, annoying buts like these should not happen! Right?

post-1233601-0-17290100-1460648774_thumb.jpg

Edited by NixxxoN (see edit history)

OK. I asked because the fonts are not loaded.

Try http://bcrek-shop.com/restaurant/themes/default-bootstrap/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.3.0 and you will get 500 Internal server error. I'm not sure, but it looks like a Java server response.

It is definitely about server settings, rewriting, .htaccess rules or more web servers in action.

If it is of any help, I'm using Windows hosting. I know I should have used Linux because its better, but I hope with Windows works aswell.

But as I said, the strange thing is, with Internet Explorer this problem dont exist... It only happens with Chrome and Firefox...