Pls help how to use class PrestashopCollection!

lovesingle@gmail.com

Hello everybody !

I researched class PrestashopCollection but i can't use function join with to another table 

Example: orders table join with address table on id_customer key 

$orders = new PrestaShopCollection('Order');
$orders->join(string association, string on); //string association=??
$orders->where('column', '=', $variable);

First, if you join orders and address tables together on id_customer, then you are going to get all addresses for that customer, not only the address associated with that order. 

I searched the prestashop code, and I do not see that the join function is used anywhere outside of the PrestaShopCollection class, so this function may not be designed for you to use, even though it is a public function.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Why not use DbQuery instead?

First, if you join orders and address tables together on id_customer, then you are going to get all addresses for that customer, not only the address associated with that order. 

I searched the prestashop code, and I do not see that the join function is used anywhere outside of the PrestaShopCollection class, so this function may not be designed for you to use, even though it is a public function.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Why not use DbQuery instead?

Thanks your answer... but i want to research how can use class PrestaShopCollection with function join in this class... 

And waitting... 

well then I suggest you start researching the answer for yourself.  As I said before, Prestashop does not use the join function outside of the PrestaShopCollection class. They only use it inside the PrestaShopCollection class.  So start reading the code inside PrestaShopCollection class to see how they use it

• 7 years later...
1 minute ago, dnk.hack said:

Hello, can you explain what you want to do? If you want to build a DB query you have to use DbQuery class

Bro, the last time that this account was online was in 2016. I guess that they realized they need to use a better framework back then.

• Like 1