How to build a test shop and the process for making it live?

Hi all,

I'm a Prestashop newbie so bare with me. 

I just discovered Prestashop and am SO impressed with it's inbuilt features!

I currently have 3 stores up and running (since 2009) but I would like to 're-build' them with Prestashop. 

I have downloaded the Source Files onto a 'test' folder on my live domain (www.shootbaby.com.au/presta) and am in the process of building a test shop.

I initially did this to try out Prestashop... to see if I liked it and whether it had the functionality I need. Now that I am head-over-heels in love with Prestashop, I would like to know what is the best/easiest process for building new stores and then making them live?

Do I build the entire store on www.shootbaby.com.au/presta? Or some other way? 

What about automatically generated URL fields, links, etc on the test shop? Do I have to change all these manually when the store is live?

I have imported current database info (customers, addresses, etc) into the test store. 

Any step by step tutorials out there for my particular scenario?

Any/all help regarding this is appreciated!!

Edited by kinderyum (see edit history)

You can build it there, the simply point your main domain to the subfolder. You will just have to change the configuration in prestashop before you do, to remove the "physical folder" from it, and point to the main domain in the back office as well (if you forget, you can always do it from the database, ps_shop_url table)

Thanks for your reply @PrestaShop Legend. I've decided to use the Cloud version instead. I think it will be easier for me. I want to use my time for other business-related things. Do you know - do Prestashop version upgrades happen automatically when using the Cloud?

Edited by kinderyum (see edit history)