[SOLVED] Images not showing

Hi I have installed Prestashop on my site and its all great except I cannot display images, I cannot show as enlarged either - I get the progress bar showing and it never gets to display anything. The image I try to show is 150Mb - this is under the maximum size. Perhaps its in my installation? I checked the permissioning on directories especially the /img folder, any suggestions what to check?

Hello again

Did you check the size of your images in BO /tools/images
for small and big images
really strange try to create a new categorie and uplod new images

PS your web site come to french language, are you french ,if yes why not posting in french foum
---------------------------------------
something i don't understand
is your site brand new? i t seems that you have a problem with some kind of update somewehre, you have probably an old verssion and you put a new theme
Have a look HERE
What i suggest is that you do an update oder a new instal

Cannopt help more sorry

Hi Phil
I do not have the directory under /tools/images
I only have
/tools/languages
/tools/swift
/tools/fpdf
/tools/smarty
/tools/pear_xml_parser

not sure why you say it comes to French language either

The install was using the latest stable version of Prestashop
(I have already installed Prestashop for Resonancefm, thats what you linked to on a previous query.)

I suppose I can start again but I am not convinced it will solve the problem.

What version of PHP are you using? There is a known issue with PHP 5.2.9 that prevents images being uploaded and managed in Prestashop. Another known issue is with open_basedir restrictions. If your host has them in affect, it may also be preventing you from uploading images, since the images are uploaded to an area that Prestashop can't access.

The images are still there, just the thumbnails are missing. In Prestashop v1.2.5, the only thing you can do is increase your PHP maximum_execution_time as high as possible and hope that the thumbnail regeneration doesn't time out. In Prestashop v1.3, you can choose to generate only a subset of images and when the script approaches the maximum execution time, it automatically stops and gives you the option to resume thumbnail regeneration.