HELP: New Products & Top Sellers modules

Hello,

I managed to make my Top Seller module to display each product with its image and price. But as if the title is long then the price will go under the picture. Is there any way to shorter the title automatically with '...'? And I would like to do the same for New Products (with random display as well)

Thanks!

22100_Xf6cGzgi0rzYYEkcCfN9_t

Try to replace

$new_products.0

with

$product

So from this

{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}{displayWtPrice p=$new_products.0.price}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='s DPH'}{/if}{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay == 2}
{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay}{displayWtPrice p=$new_products.0.price_tax_exc}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='bez DPH'}{/if}{/if}

to this

{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}{displayWtPrice p=$product.price}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='s DPH'}{/if}{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay == 2}
{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay}{displayWtPrice p=$product.price_tax_exc}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='bez DPH'}{/if}{/if}

To display tax excluded you need to change blockbestsellers.php in modules/blockbestsellers.
So first make backup.
Add following line after line 40

$bestseller['price_tax_exc'] = Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic(intval($bestseller['id_product']),false), $currency); 

so that part of code looks like

foreach ($bestsellers AS $bestseller)
       {
           $bestseller['price'] = Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic(intval($bestseller['id_product'])), $currency);
           $bestseller['price_tax_exc'] = Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic(intval($bestseller['id_product']),false), $currency);
           $best_sellers[] = $bestseller;
       }

Then changes from previous post will work.
Another thing for text in blockbestsellers.tpl .Should look like this

{l s='s DPH' mod='blockbestsellers'}
and
{l s='bez DPH' mod='blockbestsellers'}

Don't know really, it works for me on local server.

Try to delete all files from prestashop\tools\smarty\compile folder except index.php.

And try different settings for Price display in
Back Office >> Preferences >> Products

I think i got it.
I changed in blockbestsellers.php from

$bestsellers = ProductSale::getBestSalesLight(intval($params['cookie']->id_lang), 0, 5);

to

$bestsellers = ProductSale::getBestSales(intval($params['cookie']->id_lang), 0, 5);

and deleted these two lines

$bestseller['price'] = Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic(intval($bestseller['id_product'])), $currency);

and in tpl file replaced price part with this

{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$bestSellerProduct.price}{l s=' s DPH' mod='blockbestsellers'}
                                    {else}{convertPrice price=$bestSellerProduct.price_tax_exc}{l s=' bez DPH' mod='blockbestsellers'}{/if}

Hope it works for you.And to change price with/out tax go to
Back Office » Customers » Groups and edit .

blackbestsellers.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

works almost perfect & and I like the idea to add the cart-button.

But the prices are shown without tax. Any idea how to show the inclusive-prices?
EDIT: only in blockbestsellers the prices are without tax. Blocknewproducts works fine - I have no idea why

ZaC

Hi Zac,

I could have looked at it if my internet was working at home. Unfortunately my internet is down for 2 days now. Hopefully I will get it back tonight, meanwhile you should see if anybody else can give you some help here.

BTW anson.c,

I just recognised that clicking the tiny cart button within a block does not move the correct product into the cart.
It seems you have the same problem.
You'd better check it out...

regards, ZaC

I guess the fix is concerning the cart button.
It works fine for bestsellers, but not for new_products. It says something like 'wrong token' (Free translation, don't use the english version)

Concerning the price I still have the prices without tax in the bestsellers block.