PayPal USA and PayPal Pro Overriding Prestashop Adddress

realloyalist

Hello, I have a Prestashop 1.6 store and use the PayPal USA and PayPal Pro modules for taking payments. The PayPal Pro is for direct credit card entry while I use the PayPal USA for allowing people to use their PayPal account through Express Checkout. The problem I am experiencing seems to be a common one in which the PayPal USA and occasionally the PayPal Pro modules will override and replace whatever addresses the customer entered in Prestashop with the addresses in the person's PayPal account. This causes problems in a couple different ways.

The first is that the addresses that are returned have the First and Last names reversed so that the person's first name is in the Last Name field and vise versa.

The second issue is that many of my customers ship to relatives or friends and don't think to change the address on the PayPal screen so the items end up shipping to the customer's address.

I know this has been a common complaint and I've seen manual fixes for older or different versions of the PayPal module but I'm not sure how to change the behavior in this version. If someone knows how to stop addresses from being overridden in these two modules please reply. P.S. I only use the PayPal checkout button during the checkout process and don't have the button active on product pages.

The versions I have are listed below.

PayPal USA: 1.3.9

PayPal Pro: 1.3.5 (as a side note Prestashop shows that an update is available for PayPal Pro but when clicking Update it doesn't do anything).

Thank you

• 2 months later...

Yet another problem with this module! I have just encountered the same issue. Customer with a Paypal address in Singapore, wityh a Delivery address in UK - charged for shipping to Singapore!

WHEN will this module actually Work???????

You realize this topic is about the Paypal USA and Paypal Pro modules.  However you are reporting an issue regarding the "Paypal Europe" module. If the issue you are reporting is not related to the USA and Pro modules, then I would suggest you create your own topic, so as not to confuse other people with your issue. 

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

I see the other post.  It is good that you reported the issue to github, you should track its status and bug them until it is resolved.  I don't expect it will be resolved any time soon, and if this is important to you (a working module, a supported module, a good customer experience etc...), then I would advise you to locate a paid Paypal module that is supported.

The $50-100 you will spend will save you heartache and bad business

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been suffering with this PayPal Pro v1.3.7 - by PrestaShop for ages now thinking that the Zipcodes > Localization etc was the cause for all the errors, I'm so annoyed that after paying £203.54 I have not been able to use it ONCE!

Are there any ideas or do I need to stalk them via GitHub too?

Thanks,

Justin.