Serious Issue With Orders Not Showing

alex k

Hi all

Im desperate for some help!

I have a new PrestaShop site. And if an order is made it doesnt show up in ORDERS or the DASHBOARD

I have tried three products and done payments through PayPal (Business) all the correct emails arrive. Payment is taken/accepted but NO INFORMATION IN THE BACK END OF PRESTASHOP

Im desperate for some help please!

Many kind thanks

• Which Paypal module are you using ? The version for US/Canada, or the version for all other countries, or the paid version Pro ? Which version it is (ex. 3.xxx)?
  • cURL module installed on your server ?
  • php version of your server ?
  • mod_security on server set to OFF ?
  • firewall installed on server cageFS for ex.)?
  • at least consult the error_logs of your server, if there are any related logs to the problem.

Please use the search bar of the forum, you will see several topics with the same problem, and I'm sure also the solution for your problem.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/prestashop-shopping-cart

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29703043/prestashop-order

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/419632-paypal-no-order-in-bo-temp-fix-16/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/514960-paypal-usa-order-confirmation-fix/

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi. Im just not very used to PrestaShop so dont know the answers to most of the questions so I asked GoDaddy (hosting)

Which Paypal module are you using ? The version for US/Canada, or the version for all other countries, or the paid version Pro ? Which version it is (ex. 3.xxx)?

Im in England and running PayPal v3.10.2 - by PrestaShop - I have a PayPal Business Account

cURL module installed on your server ?
cURL support         enabled
cURL Information     7.38.0
php version of your server ? 5.4.43
mod_security on server set to OFF ? No - won't be shut off in shared but that isn't the problem here.
firewall installed on server cageFS for ex.)? No
at least consult the error_logs of your server, if there are any related logs to the problem.   Last entry was in January:
 [26-Jan-2016 10:36:41 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access private property OrderOpcController::$opc_config in /home/nuxes/public_html/controllers/front/OrderOpcController.php on line 313

mod_security of course IS a problem, and should be deactivated, besides for the php-version you are using the mod_security is not supported anymore (some providers are not really experts....). ;)

You can disable mod_security by yourself on back-office, tab Preferences -> SEO & URL's -> Setup URLS -> Disable Apache's mod_security module = YES.

For the error-log: You are using which Prestashop Version ? Own Template or the native one ?

Your website is in maintenance mode ? If yes the IPN is not able to be processed, and therefore orders cannot be created.  Taking the site out of maintenance mode allows the IPN to be received and the order gets created

Hi many thanks for the reply.

Still the same problem. When I place an order all that shows is:

*** Active Shopping Carts in the last 30 minutes 1 ***

mod_security of course IS a problem, and should be deactivated, besides for the php-version you are using the mod_security is not supported anymore (some providers are not really experts....). ;)

You can disable mod_security by yourself on back-office, tab Preferences -> SEO & URL's -> Setup URLS -> Disable Apache's mod_security module = YES.

*** I have now done as you have said above ***

For the error-log: You are using which Prestashop Version ?

*** PrestaShop 1.6.0.9 ***

Own Template or the native one ?

*** Its a template I bought and changed for my needs ***

Your website is in maintenance mode ? If yes the IPN is not able to be processed, and therefore orders cannot be created.  Taking the site out of maintenance mode allows the IPN to be received and the order gets created

*** The site is not in maintenance mode ***

Hope you can help more to resolve this. Many kind thanks

I presume you are trying to place an order with the same user profile ? If yes, please logout, delete the browser cache, delete the smarty cache and try with another customer account, or the same after deleting all caching possibilities.

Perhaps it is a theme problem too. I cannot verify for you, as I don't know the URL of your site.

Hi. I did all in your last post but its still the same

My site url is www.onlyfetish.london

I cant believe this is so tricky. Im using PrestaShop, PayPal Business and a trusted template developer so cant understand what the issue is

Hop you can help

Many kind thanks

Try to change to Prestashop native template and make an order with another customer account as the one you are using.

The error you are having could be a hint to the problem.... You are using an adapted orderOPC file....

Your carts remain open ? Check it on back-office tab "customers -> shopping carts".

BTW I tried to place an order, and noticed that on your paypal page you don't have the possibility to go back. Perhaps your Paypal account is misconfigured. You at least have the possibility to go to back to the shop without to pay with paypal (on the bottom of paypal page there is a "back to the shop" link). This is missing and could be also a hint to that carts cannot be completed.

Hi. Firstly can I say thank you so much for your help. I have been in design (exhibitions) for many years but this is all VERY new to me!

Try to change to Prestashop native template and make an order with another customer account as the one you are using.

*** How do I change to "native template' please? I have no idea what this is ***

*** And make a new customer account not the one I have just used? ***

The error you are having could be a hint to the problem.... You are using an adapted orderOPC file....

*** Im guessing you mean One Page Checkout. What a pain I really dont want to lose that part of the site :( ***

Your carts remain open ? Check it on back-office tab "customers -> shopping carts".

*** Your shopping cart was in the list:

91 Non ordered T. Test £68.99 -- 03/22/2016 10:19:25

BTW I tried to place an order, and noticed that on your paypal page you don't have the possibility to go back. Perhaps your Paypal account is misconfigured. You at least have the possibility to go to back to the shop without to pay with paypal (on the bottom of paypal page there is a "back to the shop" link). This is missing and could be also a hint to that carts cannot be completed.

*** This back link. Do I add it? - I can try and find someone to do this ***

Many thanks

Just been told that (Sales on here) That to make PayPal work in the UK with Prestashop I have to buy the PayPal Direct module for £132.00!? And that the PayPal Europe module will not work for the UK?

This must be a simple issue but driving me nuts now :(

All the modules are free apart from UK?

Im beginning to regret not sticking with Joomla. I never had any of these issues.

How can a framework for selling and as big as PrestaShop and PayPal not talk to each other for FREE. Well free everywhere apart from the UK!?

And I pay £20 a month for a business account with PayPal too

Edited by alex k (see edit history)

In order to give more enhacement to your problem, I suggest you rework your topic title to: Is there any Free Paypal Module for UK available ?

I'm really sorry and completely understand your disapointment, but perhaps it is a Paypal problem. In the last months Paypal is using for each country own COUNTRY SOLUTIONS not applicable to other countries. That is why also Prestashop has to develop own solutions for each problem. As this is not always possible for free, some of the modules are only available as paid solutions.

Is there in the UK not possible to use another wellknow paid solution you can install for free ? I have the same problem on Portuguese/Brazilian Forum and we use several free options in substitute to Paypal because of the same problem. ;)

Hi. Many thanks for the understanding

I totally get PayPal are not helping but PrestaShop develop for free solutions for USA, Canada & Mexico but not for UK. Here they want to charge people.

Not a great way to encourage people to use PrestaShop to devlop their online shops and businesses :(

Hi. Yes I tried the PayPal Europe Module. But do appreciate your help :)

Id be really interested for PrestaShop to say why they charge for a solution for one country but then supply it free for another eg USA & Canada.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/1748-paypal.html

We use this. It is free, and works well

We are in the UK, we have PayPal pro (The £20 a month offering) 

Occasionally payPal gets it's knickers in a twist, but so can any payment system.

We used to have problems with orders not showing, but that has cleared up. After a lot of investigation (with PayPal) we came to the conclusion that PayPal stops trying for a while. Let me explain it this way. When a payment in made on PayPal it sends a message back to Prestashop and the order is finalised. However if PayPal cannot communicate back with prestashop (perhaps a serve glitch, or the site is in maintenance mode) then it stops trying for a short time. It then tries again, if it still cannot get through, it tries again but waits a bit longer. This goes on and on, it waits longer and longer. Eventually it gives up trying. Then after a few days it tries again. 

So, when you are developing a site, with lots of tests and down times, and perhaps server issues it can cause Paypal to give up for a few days

The good thing is that it is very easy to keep an eye on your paypal account and see the orders coming through. When you see a Payment there, you will see the value, and the customer details. Pop into the prestashop back office and you will be able to see the abandoned cart and it is a simple click then to create the order

Let this go for a week or two and I am sure you will find it eventually sorts itself out

We have no issues since our server and development settled down.

Hi. Firstly Many thanks for the info. And I totally agree clearly PayPal cannot communicate back with PrestaShop for the orders to be produced and thats as far as I have got.

Did you have the issue that on your final PayPal payment page there was no "back button" created? Does your page have a back button?

I downloaded the Europe PayPal and installed through FTP as some suggestions were its the best way. And still no orders get produced. I have made maybe 10 orders over the period of a week and nothing. Just abandoned carts. Im guessing as you say a cart will always appear even if abandoned so at least when the shop is "properly" live I should not lose any sales by just creating the order.

Just wondering if you did anything "special" when you set up your PayPal. Mine is the same as yours business

The button "back" or return to shop without payment is only activated, if you configure this on your paypal account. If it is not configured, than the paypal should give you an error code (10405 for ex.). Why this is not happening, I cannot tell you, perhaps it is a configuration on your server to ignore errors, or something else.

Please check on your paypal account if the links for return back are correct configured. Take a look into account profile selller and than on website payments.

automatic return: activated

Transmission of payment data (optional) = activated, this automatically should add a token you will see in the next lines.

Encryption with Website Payments Standard = deactivated.

With this configuration paypal europe is running without any problems for Germany and Austria... BTW I'm not using the paypal Express option, which is not allowed by law here in Germany and Austria (check-out process must have a possibility to check all before you pay/buy).

Hi. Firstly Many thanks for the info. And I totally agree clearly PayPal cannot communicate back with PrestaShop for the orders to be produced and thats as far as I have got.

Did you have the issue that on your final PayPal payment page there was no "back button" created? Does your page have a back button?

I downloaded the Europe PayPal and installed through FTP as some suggestions were its the best way. And still no orders get produced. I have made maybe 10 orders over the period of a week and nothing. Just abandoned carts. Im guessing as you say a cart will always appear even if abandoned so at least when the shop is "properly" live I should not lose any sales by just creating the order.

Just wondering if you did anything "special" when you set up your PayPal. Mine is the same as yours business

Actually thinking about it, I think I had to set it up as standard first mode first,which allows you to enter all the API stuff. Save it,  then switch to Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI -

I finally figured out what was going on for my problems with orders not showing.

Sales tax was being charge in Paypal for shipping costs, which wasn't jiving with what the Prestashop amount was, therefore, no order confirmation or record of order in backoffice even though the amount was still being withdrawn from customers account and residing in PayPal.

Find it in this thread: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/328666-how-to-fix-paypal-usa-133-prestashop-1606-getting-404s-not-fulfilling-orders-on-return/

• 1 month later...
Guest locen

Hi, i'm switching prestashop to new host with SHA.256, TLS 1.2,HTTP 1.1 and G5 but i must update module version?