Getting you website seen, advertising, google, tags, keyword...

Hey guys, i have two prestashop store on the same server www.fantasycostumes.eu

Now i need peoples advice on where to start. How do i get loads of people on my site?

Right now i am paying for cpm advertising via Facebook (As i think this is amazing as you can profile it to who you want). I have 2 adverts, 1 for my UK side and 1 for my Estonian side. Right now my estonian one gets 10 times more clicks then my UK one. I guess its because fancy dress costumes is new here in Estonia.

But how do i get people to be able to search for my site and find it on google, yahoo etc etc?

Also in Estonia their search engine mainly used is called www.neti.ee do i need to add this to my search engine on prestashop for it to work?

Also do i need to assign tags and keywords to every product, will this help on search engines?

What else could anyone suggest i do that does not cost to much?

I would really appreciate anyones help

Also in Estonia their search engine mainly used is called www.neti.ee do i need to add this to my search engine on prestashop for it to work?

To rank in neti.ee , you might wanna go here http://www.neti.ee/cgi-bin/tree and click on add. As well as maybe contact them directly with the bootom link at their website to get tips on how to get ranked in their engine.

Right now i am paying for cpm advertising via Facebook (As i think this is amazing as you can profile it to who you want). I have 2 adverts, 1 for my UK side and 1 for my Estonian side. Right now my estonian one gets 10 times more clicks then my UK one. I guess its because fancy dress costumes is new here in Estonia.

Facebook is a brilliant way to get things moving. Glad that you figured it ou.t

Also do i need to assign tags and keywords to every product, will this help on search engines?

This is a must. Keywords aint necessary. Because Search Engines dont value them anymore ((Maybe bing does a bit, but not google and yahoo for sure) but tags, meta descriptions, are crucial. Also ensure that product descriptions are written by you or your team, Not duplicate content that you copied from your manufacturer.

Maybe start a blog in the subdomain. Start writing original, interesting stuff, about costume designs, wierd costumes and stuff.
Build backlinks to your website. The more and better links you get to your website the more you get recognized by search engines.

There is a lot, lot more to go into. But i hope this sets you in the right direction

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, so sorry for the late reply i have not been able to concentrate on the seo until now :). Big thank you to jozacg for taking the time to help aswell.

I must say im a little confused on the whole seo thing but im trying. Right now i have implemented the following from - http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/6-prestashopseotips

I also brought the module DUPLICATE URL REDIRECT - http://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-modules/25-duplicate-url-redirect.html

I have done all this on my test site www.fantasycostumes.eu/prestashop (if when you click this site in future and it does not work tis because i no longer use it.)

Ok before i go into categories, or other things for seo lets start with a test product. http://www.fantasycostumes.eu/prestashop/wigs/1-classic-long-black-wig.html

Ok where do i start? :). what i mean by that is, do i start with the title and add keywords, or meta tags etc etc. All i have right now is the product, with the price,picture and reference code.

The Manufacturer description is - Party Wig in PVC Bag With Euro Hook.

I want to make this the best Long Black Wig on the net :)

Please can you help me step by step

First you must choose yourself some keywords like your website to be pinging in from search engines. They should not be randomly selected. They clearly have something with your hand to do, let's say you sell pants, so you choose pants and keys it into the google keyword tool, here you can see the search volume on your keywords is 1 million searches it is a good keyword, but maybe not quite there to start. Start by extracting the low-hanging fruit, such as 10,000 searches.

Once you have selected 1-2 word search to a specific page on your site you must enter and correct the meta title and description for both must contain your keywords. Further you informed friendly URL's to contain it. This deal with different keywords on as many pages as possible. (Page should contain something about the keyword.)

Once you've done it you started making incoming links to your site, it may be, for example from this forum, as you can see in my signature. When linking, it is important to correctly use Ancore's text in linked. So if your keyword is pants, then the link text be pants. Links gives more points when they come from pages with high pagerank and from the sides there is about the same topic as your page.

This is a start, but there is a lot to go for anyway :)

(I used google translater for this comment)