Install stuck on Step 2

I'm trying to install Prestashop but am getting stuck on Step 2.

I'm presented with this screen:

presta.jpg

I can't proceed with the install, and yet I cannot see what is failing on the installation. I've read through the installation docs and checked and double checked the requirements, they're all set as Prestashop requires.

My server config is as follows:

PHP: 5.2.5

MySQL: 5.0.22

lighttpd/1.4.18

php.ini: http://www.paste2.org/p/12406

I'm stumped as to what could be wrong, and why the failed requirements aren't showing. Is there any way to debug the installer?

I'd be greatful for any ideas!

Hi snowboarder04,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum :)

I had a look around in the French part of the forum, but didn't see anything exactly like this.

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, plus the PS dev team has gone home for the weekend.  I've sent out an e-mail but I can't promise a response before Monday. Hopefully someone will pop by, though.  It has been known to happen. Honest!

Or perhaps someone else on the boards has an idea...?

Hi snowboarder,

By your server config, I should say you are running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, right?

Btw, the installation guide strictly identify the GD Library to be set prior to any attempt.

I saw your php config and the [gd] at line 171 was null.

You could try to set it up first by installing the gd, ask your hosting for help (if necessary).

For further read up on GD, there's a link at the documentation or you could go here: http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html

Do let me know after that.

Cheers!

Hi snowboarder,

By your server config, I should say you are running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, right?

Btw, the installation guide strictly identify the GD Library to be set prior to any attempt.

I saw your php config and the [gd] at line 171 was null.

You could try to set it up first by installing the gd, ask your hosting for help (if necessary).

For further read up on GD, there's a link at the documentation or you could go here: http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html

Do let me know after that.

Cheers!

Yes, running on RHEL (CentOS actually), the [gd] section in php.ini shows the following:

[gd]
; Tell the jpeg decode to libjpeg warnings and try to create
; a gd image. The warning will then be displayed as notices
; disabled by default
;gd.jpeg_ignore_warning = 0

Does this definately need to be commented in? phpinfo() shows this (as it currently is):

gd
GD Support 	enabled
GD Version 	bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
GIF Read Support 	enabled
GIF Create Support 	enabled
PNG Support 	enabled
WBMP Support 	enabled
XBM Support 	enabled

I compiled PHP (by hand) --with-gd, here's my ./configure for PHP:

./configure --enable-fastcgi --enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-mbstring --disable-cli --with-config-file-path=/etc --with-interbase=/opt/firebird --with-mysql --with-gd --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-ldap --with-openssl

I've still been unable to get the installer past Step 2, and I'm still as stumped as before.

Any more ideas?

If it helps, I can give instructions on exactly how I built the server (including all ./configure commands).

Thanks

Hi snowboarder04,

I'm really sorry that you are stumped.  :(

If that's the case, you should be debugging all the way to your PHP setup/configuration as PrestaShop installation is somewhat straightforward for all common server set up.

Honestly, it's a bit tricky to identify what's wrong with it until we are sure that certain details of the current configuration from the base platform/environment is suitable for PrestaShop.

Perhaps it may help by giving the info on how you set up the PHP on your server. You could follow this short checklist for the info:

1) Apache server? Using suexec?

1) Your version of CentOS?

2) Upgraded to PHP5.x recently?

3) Can you run any other php application e.g. Joomla or Mambo PHP on your current php configuration?

Do let me know.

Chill!

...Patience is Virtue...  ::)

I have the same issue installing 0.9.6 I can't not pass step 2 when I press next button nothing happens.

Server info:

PHP built On: Linux garland 2.4.29

Database Version: 5.0.24a-standard-log

PHP Version: 5.2.3

Web Server: Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

WebServer to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi

Aravot, we're glad you were able to get around that error.  Thanks for that link!

For English speakers, these are the instructions from the Jorgelig blog which I've very roughly translated using a mix of Google and Babelfish along with some ancient notions of Spanish from school.

...The problem arises when you want to install PrestaShop on a hosting server that for security reasons has disabled "Allow_url_fopen", as with DreamHost.

Solution:

1. We look for the file "/ install / xml / checkConfig.php" and rename it.

2. We download the file "checkConfig.php" (attached to this post) and we place it in the path "/install/xml/checkConfig.php"

3. Prove that all will go well (Test it to make sure it works?)

If any true Spanish-speaker wants to correct my poor translation, please feel free! :)

checkConfig.php

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all !

The better way to fix this problem is a little diag :

-Run a PrestaShop install with Firefox + Firebug https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/1843 module (installed and activated)

-Try to reproduce the bug

-When the bug is found, open the Firebug tab, look at the last request in the 'console' tab, and expand it.

-Then open the 'response' tab of this request

-Copy/paste this request in this thread

Thanks,

Im having the exact same problem. I'm hosting my site on godaddy.com. I have php 5.0 enabled. I have mySQL 5.0. The GD library is enabled. I tried changing the config file like you suggested and this didn't solve the problem either. I'm trying to install version 1.0.0.2. The godaddy site i'm hosting it on is running linux, not windows (in order to use php).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have had no reply from any moderators, nor could i find any sort of solution through messaging users.

The software looked nice, but its functionality is useless if it can't install. I will never recommend this software to anyone, and have already found a better alternative.

PS: the least you moderators could do is respond, even if you don't know how to help.

Hi prestauser,

Busy with the imminent release of v1.0 RC3, our dev team has not had the time to look into why PS is so hard to install on GoDaddy for certain users, but not others.  After the release of RC3, we will look into getting PS to work on GoDaddy for all users.

We're sorry you had an unpleasant experience trying to install PrestaShop on GoDaddy.com, and we also apologize for not getting back to you in a timely manner.  We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors just the same. :)

well i thank you for your timely response to my angry rant ;-)

and perhaps i will use your services again in the future.

and your right, it's not entirely your fault,

godaddy really sucks. I wish i'd shopped around more

before hosting the domain there.  :-