ChessRecipes

Hi to everybody,

I would like to start a discussion about what are the modules which make the difference. The modules which let you be big or increase your ecommerce. I would like that all of us write some of the most important modules. I suggest explain why it's a good module, his advantages and the main problems that you have found in it.

I will start with Prestashop Multiple seller/Vendor module (https://addons-modules.com/store/en/marketplace-modules-all/21-agile-prestashop-multiple-seller-vendor-module.html)

What's Prestashop Multiple seller vendor and why this module is very important to have it in our shop?

This module let to your customers start to sell his own items. You could work like Amazon, ebay... people upload his files and they sell his items to your visitors. There are many possibilities because you can collect the money or leave the vendor collect it directly... Furthermore, you can control who can be vendor, his products... and it works easily with Multistore! Each vendor will have an independent shop. You can let him use the backend or not, giving more or less access. This module let you be bigger. But this part, for me it's not the most important.

The most important part is how it works in the SEO: With this module, the vendors have his own shop inside of your main shop and you gets a very big market. The main advantage is that the vendors who share the links of his products will be sharing your main domain improving your SEO! In addition, people who visit your website to see the items of the other vendor can see your items and you will improve your sales!

What are the weakest points of this module that I have found?

This is a very complete module and this makes that the installation is not easy. It's normal, because big modules need make big changes. If you have many modules, it's probably that you will have some problems with third parties modules and you will need to fix some lines in some files for the correct installation. But it's very well explained in the shop of the module and also you can hire the professional installation to avoid this problems. To be honest, I must recognize that the support of this module is one of the most professional services that I have received.

Summary:

Main advantages:

-Expansion of your shop.

-Improvement in the services and products that you offer.

-Improvement in the SEO.

-You gets more traffic and more sales.

-A perfect support. Very professional.

Main problems:

-The installation. It's a bit complicate.

Hope you like it, if some of you have used this module can share his experience also and I would like to know more about your favorite modules! I want to improve my ecommerce also :)

Best regards,

Edited by ChessRecipes (see edit history)

@ChessRecipes

thank you very much for using our modules and I am glad you are happy with our modules and thanks for your comments.

but there is one thing I would like to clarify - about the installation of the modules,

This is a very complete module and this makes that the installation is not easy.

That is not true.

Actually all our modules are very easy to install, just like any other PrestaShop modules.

You can upload install it from back office Modules tab in just a few clicks as long as you do not have any other 3rd party modules installed that have override conflicts with our modules.

If you have many modules, it's probably that you will have some problems with third parties modules and you will need to fix some lines in some files for the correct installation.

As I mentioned previously, this happens only when your store has other 3rd party modules installed and there are override class conflicts with our modules.

An that was the case of your store, since you store has installed quite some other 3rd party modules with lot of override classes.

Anyway, thanks again for using our modules and let us know if you need further assistance.

Hi  ChessRecipes

we are also big fun of Agile modules. their modules are really great.  we have been using their modules for a while, so far very satisfied..

about the point of installation, I do not agree with @ChessRecipes as well. I think their modules are very easy to install, just a few clicks as long as you do not have any other 3rd party modules installed that may cause class override conflicts.

if there is any override class conflicts, the Agile module will detect and inform you in details the method and class during the installation of Agile modules. so you can manage to merged the code.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for using our modules.

Yes sellers can receive payment from sellers directly, but you will need to use integrated payment modules or you have to integrate your payment module to support this payment collection mode.

We have following payment models support this payment collection mode.

Agile paypal parallel

Agile Stripe marketplace

Agile authorize.net

Agile banknote

Agile pay by cheque

Currently we do not have options to hold the payment for a specific time period.

• 2 weeks later...

Could a vendor sell video-tutorials? How could I do it?

Yes, PrestaShop support all kind of products including virtual product, digital goods such as downloadable video.

Video tutorial could be sold as download products. Seller just need to create a product as virtual product with downloadable video files.

And then upload the video file, buyers can download it after purchase. It is the same or similar as that selling modules or add-ons.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just released a new version with some new features and bug fixes.

Version 3.3.3.0 - 2016.04.03
Feature - Send notification to seller when product is approved or disapproved - it is configurable to send or not by admin. Only when product list approval required is also configured.
Feature - Seller is able to manage private Attributes at back office 
Feature - Admin is able to set maximum number of images for each product to prevent seller from uploading too many product images.
[for back office limitation, need to add 2 lines to images.tpl file, install_en.txt for details]

Fix - When admin change "Is Free Shipping" via the enable icon on carrier list page  at back office, it will lost carrier ownership(assigned seller).
Fix - Seller does not receive New Order email if shopping cart products have different shipping carriers and agile seller shipping module is not installed.
Fix - SQL error under PHP 5.6(that requires all fields of Primary Key NOT NULL) when install the module  - create extension table ps_agile_subcart
Fix - Seller is able to set product to Home via front Server Manage Panel even you have configured to not allow seller to register product at HOME
Fix - Some email send to seller using the language selection of admin profile instead of seller employee profile
Fix - Combination button did not work because of undefined ecotaxTaxRate

Hi Chessrecipes

Is there any way to put reviews in each seller?

Yes, it is possible.
But you will need to install accessory module - Agile Seller Rating module
With this accessory module, buyer will be able to post reviews or comments about the seller. and give ranking of the seller. But one order can post one time like it does in ebay. For detailed information, please check it at our online store