Hi, please help! i can’t find my blocktopmenu in my modules and i’m stuck on instruction 5. I can’t seem to be able to get it done.. It comes out all weird and my header's displaced.. I can't seem to hook it in my css. Please help.

Okay forget it there's almost zero responses to the help topics that i've seen in the entire forum. I don't know if it's just me or whatsoever.. but its no fun sitting in front of the computer slogging over 10 hrs on the files on dreamweaver and note pad and not knowing what so ever. I have read up on the topics and stuff. SO, I AM WILLING TO PAY ANYONE WHO CAN SET UP THE TEMPLATE FOR ME! Quote me your prices for setting up the template for me and I will come to an agreement with you. I;m willing to throw in loads of free FLASH TEMPLATES FROM TEMPLATE MONSTER and CASH. I had enough of working through this by myself. If you ARE INTERESTED, drop me a PM or reply on this tread. CASH + STOCK PHOTOS FROM ISTOCK PHOTOS + FREE FLASH TEMPLATES FROM TEMPLATE MONSTER. Thank you.

-> on hindsight .. the advert was really desperate and stupid -> sorry.

Hi,

I think you are very demanding, did you know that the community also has a job, a family concern and probably as important as yours?

You can not brush aside the hand the work of hundreds of members, who generally are helping for free and with the best will to anyone who requests it.

Finally, regarding your problem, it seems that your modules are not in the correct order. Simply go to the back office and then in the "Modules" and the sub-tab "Positions" and move them to put them in the order most suitable for this template.

No hard feelings, I wish you a good weekend and a good continuation

Hi prestashop! thanks for the reply. I would like to say that i fully understand that the other members of Prestashop have committments and stuff probably more important then mine. Which is why i'm willing to pay a price on my frustration and am willing to accept the fact that i have to pay in order to get things done.( hence the topic) I'm not demeaning the fact that their lifes are unimportant and I never ever felt that I was more important. I'm sorry if i made anyone feel that way

warmest regards

Sorry to sound defensive or whatsoever but i do have to defend my stance here. Firstly, the forum members can choose to ignore my request for help and i'm not directly attacking anyone saying that they are unhelpful whatsoever. I'm just merely stating the fact that it's been weeks of hair wrenching experience and now i've given up and i'm willing to place a price for the convenience (just like how anyone would for a car) Secondly, I am advertising and requesting for professional help from someone who is willing to spend maybe less than an hour of their precious time for material gains (sort of like barter trading). I know that money is not the most important factor of all but it simply isn't logical for someone to be spending so much time scripting and trying to tweak/figure out the themes / template unless you are a professional web designer making a shop for your client. I do however, sincerely apologize for not realizing that there was a job offers and services under the presta shop forum and thus the wrong thread post. Lastly and most importantly, I feel abit :S caught off guard by that remark of "You are too demanding" -> If you read my post carefully, I really have NOT in ANYWAY slam the community members. My response to the "there seem to be zero responses was to my request on the forums" Not to the other contributors but with regards to my own issues. I'm just merely stating the fact that after 1-2 weeks of posting for technical advise i have recieved none. Yes, this thread has been set up only less than a day ago, but if you check my searches and contributions, you can see that I have indeed ask around for technical help but to no avail. I apologize once again if anyone of the community members here feel offended by the way i have posted my advert or if i have made it seem like I was elevating myself of a more important stature than them. I sincerely did not mean it. I did not realize that it would have made such a huge hoo-ha and big impact or be placed in a negative light. I wish all presta shop users a happy weekend and prosperous sales :)

First are you talking about Black and White theme ?

If it is first take a look at hooks.jpg that came along in zip file.
I attached image if don't have it.
Notice order of hooks especially for top of pages.

Step 4 says

replace the default prestashop modules by the ones in the zip

If you not testing on local server check permissions for copied modules.
Among them there is blocktopmenu and by your pic it seams you already installed it.
So i dont understand this part
i can’t find my blocktopmenu in my modules and i’m stuck on instruction 5.

To change styles for top menu edit superfish-modified.css in modules\blocktopmenu\css.

21763_7HRiAR8D3uPYk9RsD0oD_t

Hey razaro , thanks for the reply, unfortunately it was due to file damaged when i dled it. I had absolutely no idea what was missing and then i realize that whilst messing with the css.files, the whole thing got corrupted and firebug + dreamweaver saw the coding as correct but they kept saying -> could not load the source: "css stylesheet". Iy was frustrating knowing that you did everything that you could on those php files but no to avail. Anyway, i think i will just lay low for awhile and scout the job offers and ads section for awhile for convenience sake. Sorry once again to all.. No idea that it would be perceived as in this manner :(

Warmest regards
( :

Okay, that aside, for all those who are facing the same issue as me and pulling your hair out. If you use firebug to decode your problems on your website and like me, failed to change your hooks and see this statement <link media="screen" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
Failed to load source for: http://localhost\/css/style.css> change your hooks and then clear your cache and your smarty compile. The global.css that was given to us has no issues.

Orginally, i thought that it was due to the issue of the global.css having bad coding and finding all sorts of solutions and reviewing hours on the stylesheet. If you are like me, a douchebag who's impatient and frustrated easily, then i think that you can check out the problems that i am facing because i think my posts would help.

Warmest regards (:

• 1 month later...
Okay, that aside, for all those who are facing the same issue as me and pulling your hair out. If you use firebug to decode your problems on your website and like me, failed to change your hooks and see this statement <link media="screen" href="css/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
Failed to load source for: http://localhost\/css/style.css> change your hooks and then clear your cache and your smarty compile. The global.css that was given to us has no issues.

Orginally, i thought that it was due to the issue of the global.css having bad coding and finding all sorts of solutions and reviewing hours on the stylesheet. If you are like me, a douchebag who's impatient and frustrated easily, then i think that you can check out the problems that i am facing because i think my posts would help.

Warmest regards (:

Hi my friend, I am new to prestashop, or I will say, I am new to this industry. I didnt know anything about coding nor dreamweaver, hosting, domain, firebug and so, until the last month, when I thought that 'I want to run an online boutique', and here I am. I am doing research from the net, the forum, I've been installing/re-installing the whole admin folders for many times and not knowing what are the exact causes leading to error or failure on the module or even the unloading website...Throughout the months I stay up until 3-4am just to study and find solutions for errors.

I ask around and some replies but some not. However, put it in mind, this is just a forum and anyone may choose to help or not to help but they are not obliged to help. But I am giving you a hint, you may, if you really cant find any solution, try to seek helps from one or two members who you can always find their name appearing everywhere in the forum, they might be able to help.

I was so frustrated the last month. When I ran out of my last resort, there come an angle and he is helping me unconditionally....I really want to thank him for spending his leisure time replying to my email and chatting regarding any issue and sorting out my problems. I am heppy and want to cry out when each and every problem is solved.

Dont be piss, you may find someone who is willing to help.... Just ask them nicely, if they do help, it is bonus. But some of them are really busy and have lot of works in hand, so go to the next member...hope you will be able to get your website done soon!!

nic