Ongoing Functionality Saga... Product Sorting No Longer Works!

RobbieBlokeToys

It seems that every time I find one problem and fix it, another one presents itself.

After fixing another problem with an error showing when people try to add to cart (turning off CCC), now I can't arrange the order of products in the back office.

The current order of products in each category is all wrong, even without trying to move anything. The order of products in the list in the back office is not reflected in the front.

When I attempt to reorder products in the back office nothing changes in the front, and when I refresh the category in the back office any changes I made to the order of products is also gone and they're back where they were.

Can anyone advise? And without it causing another ten problems I won't find until after I've lost out on 50 orders from customers who can't use the shop because of all these problems?

Yes there is a problem with sorting in categories. The only solution that I found was:

- launch cleanPosition() function from the Product class (you can do it using the attached module)

Can you elaborate on this? I have no idea what you mean.

I'm reluctant to use a module to do something that should be a core function of Prestashop, I just know that if I install that it either won't work, it'll affect something else I'll need to hunt down and fix (and possibly miss, resulting in the loss of hundreds of £'s) and all while making my shop less secure too.

Thanks

One of the effects of this bug is dupliacation of product positions. So on the products list in category you may see dupliacates in position column (for example two products with number 6). Does it happen in your case?

I don't believe so, I have looked through various categories and it seems that each product is there only once, it's just not in the right order, and I can't even work out what order they are appearing in. It's not by price, nor by date of arrival in the shop, and obviously not by the order I have set them either.

I think this came about after having to turn off Ajax because of an error appearing when customers tried to add a product to their basket.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but i had a similar problem. Do you have sub categories inside the category?. If yes, are you looking at sub categories as well? I'm also guessing its a duplicate position issue. When you have two or three subcategories inside a category and you are looking at the products of the main category, prestashop will display the products in position with respective to all the subcategories. So every first product that you added in each category will show up as 1 and the second one as 2. So when you look at the main category, it will put all the 1's of all the sub categories in the first row or they come first and then the second one of all categories. I hope i made sense. Please check if thats the case. I do not foresee anything other than that. Thanks.