Remove Vat To A Customer Group

Maybe, but this module is not necessary, to my mind.

How do I have to configure the module and customers?

For foreign companies do not have VAT, but foreign customers if they have VAT.

I tried to activate the module and client country put mine have then created a client in my country has VAT, then a foreign company that does not have VAT, up here all right. Where failure is foreign customer who should have VAT but not have it removed.

Edited by vendetta V (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I am having the same problem. 

There seems to be is a conflict between tax rules and the per-product tax setting. When I set up the store I put 19% German tax on each product.

If I remove tax from the product then even if I have a Tax Rule set up (19% for EU) no tax is charged.

If I leave tax in the product then it is always charged, regardless of a Tax Rule saying "Tax free" for this country.

This makes the tax rules rather redundant, doesn't it?

So, we either need to ignore the per-product setting or have a priority setting 1) "tax rule", 2) "product". (if at all).

I don't understand why tax is set on a per-product basis anyway as it surely always depends on the customer and seller's countries??

Tax depend on products - some products can have lower tax rate (%), some higher.

The country of residence, VAT registration and perhaps other rules are used to add tax or don't to the total price.

tuk66, thanks for your quick reply, you are right of course, I forgot that since I only sell 19% products.

I think I have solved it now!!

In my multistore context I had removed non-EU countries from the tax rule "EU" while in context "Shop1" but failed to do this in context "All shops". Then I created another Tax Rule with "Non-EU" (global context) and listed non-EU countries and it works!! (Pity one can't add whole Zones).