File Manager Shows Fatal Error When Trying To Access It From An Employee (Not The Site Admin)

Hello,

Logging in the prestashop psadmin under the "superadmin" username: When in the "blog module", I create a new post, and inside the "content" field I want to insert an image, so I press the button and the "responsive file manager 9.3.3" opens without any problem. I can upload images and put them in my post.

Logging in the prestashop psadmin under the "blogger" employee: However, when my blogger does the same, he has only "blogger permission", and he has permission for "everything, write, read, see, change" in all the blog modules. He can add text to the "content" field of the "st blog module", but when he presses the button to "insert/edit image", the "file manager" opens with a blank page saying: fatal error.

How can I change this so my blogger or any other employee can upload and add images into the blog?

I guess it is a permission problem with the file manager.

thanks,

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I don't know if this problem is still unsolved but I've found a solution. It seems FileManager checks user permissions when trying to access image catalog, so only thing You have to do is go to config.php file in your ftp [admin folder]/filemanager/config and comment (or delete) lines (form 18)

if (!$products_accesses['edit'] && !$cms_accesses['edit']) {
    die(Tools::displayError());
}

Unfortunately You'll have to do this every time you upgrade you PS.

• Like 1