How Do I Add Custom Checkout Fields Using Simple Code Editing?

farrukhehsan90

adding 3 radio buttons and 2 dropdowns is trivial.  read the documentation and browse the forums for examples of how to do this.

The part that you have left out is what you want to do with the input from these values...that will be the complex part.

Thanks for replying bellini13 !Actually i have searched the entire forum a couple of times to which i have found incomplete answers and paid module suggestions but what i wanted was plain simple tutorial or guidance of any sort so that i could edit that myself.What i want to do exactly is ,I have an eyewear shop and want to provide customers with the option of providing their power for power lenses on checkout but at the same time i want to link these options to specific categories only.

Can you help? I would be really thankful as i have to get this site running ASAP and i cant find proper help.

Thanks in Advance!

Farrukh.

Edited by farrukhehsan90 (see edit history)

sorry, but this is not a 'simple tutorial'.  you still fail to even realize that besides capturing this information, that you actually have to do something with this information so that you can receive it and view it as part of this customers order.

i would suggest you look into a paid module, or hiring a professional to do this for you.