Prestashop Cloud And Module Logs. Where Are They?

kerrywales

Question

Hello,

I am using the Prestashop Cloud to host an e-shop. I purchased the Worldpay module from modulesmarket having been told that it is compatible with Prestashop Cloud. I have seen threads in the forum saying how easy and quick it was to set up and work,

I however, are having problems. Worldpay tell me there is a "callback" issue. modulesmarket have asked me to run it in debug mode (I am also running it in "Test Mode").

I have been told that the log is in the /logs/ folder but I cannot see any "logs" folder on the Cloud version.

Can anyone tell me if Prestashop Cloud allows modules to create a log?

Regards

5 answers to this question

I have looked at the developers sections (even though I am not looking to develop). It seems that developers are allowed to create modules to write to the "log" folder but unless the module developer has their own interface to look at the "log" folder the user has no access as the ftp account does not give access to this area.

So the result is ask your developer NOT to use the log folder to store logs unless they also provide their own interface to their log files.

Thank you for replying.

I have passed the details onto the author. marketmodules have been excellent in helping me try and identify the issue with the Cloud version and looking for resolution.

They are modifying their module so that the debug mode will work differently to compensate for the face that Prestashop does not allow Cloud users access to a log folder.

I looked up the developers documentation and its reference to the "log" folder. I would be surprised if all other developers do not use this folder to keep their logs. And by inference this issue would and could arise with other modules available for the Cloud version. It is unfortunate that this folder is not available to Cloud users. 

Regards