Add More Emails To Customer Information In The Back Office

Been trying to figure this out for a while now...

So it doesn't happen too often, but at times, customers will request that we use more than one email to send them invoices and status updates on their orders. We purchased a module which allows additional fields to be made for when a customer creates a new account, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add emails to an existing account.

Essentially, I'm looking for how and where to input code that will make it so multiple emails can be added by separating them with a comma on the customer page, like below:

dc3k04.jpg

Thanks!

the problem is that the email address of the customer is also their username.  I'm afraid the change is going to be extensive for what you are looking to do.  certainly not something a simple forum post is going to be able to cover

I can outline for you what I believe the changes would be, but I suspect you are going to need to hire a professional to do this for you.

1) create a new database table that would capture alternate email addresses for a customer.

2) provide the customer and the admin a means to add, edit, delete these alternate email addresses

3) provide the admin a means to send 'something' to one of these alternate email addresses. you mentioned invoices and status updates.  Does that mean that all emails that leave Prestashop for this customer should use something like CC or BCC, so that every alternate address also receives it?

• 2 months later...